Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Help with my feet!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

The heels are cracking and the cracks are very unsightly.  They're not painful, but they do this every summer!  I wear sandals or shoes when I'm outdoors.  How can I prevent or correct this?

I want pretty feet!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you get regular pedicures? I know they can be expensive but they really do help. Nail salons are a lot cheaper than fancy spas. Mine used to be a lot worse before I started getting pedicures.

Also, have you tried Aquaphor? It's super-moisturizing. Put it on, then put socks on and keep on overnight....just an idea!

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wearing sandals does that, especially if the heel is right at the edge of the sandals. Wearing shoes that are too tight will also lead to dry, cracked heels.

Give yourself a pedicure or go for one. Use a pumice stone or a Microplane foot rasp. Use a heel balm, Vaseline or a foot moisturizer twice a day on clean feet. You can wear socks when you use a moisturizer in the evening to lock it in.

From time to time wear socks and sneakers when the outfit you are wearing allows you to do so. My SIL does this all the time, and her feet are very smooth.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

wear vaseline and socks to bed or go to dr for foot cream go for pedicure and dont walk barefoot outside on cement

sweetheart4171
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a vinegar foot soak and it works for me

1/4 cup white vinegar-water soak n a basin of warm water.   Gently scrub the feet while soaking for 10 – 15 minutes, 3 times a week.  You can scrub existing calluses at the same time.  Soaking too often or for too long will dry out your skin.  (http://mcdermottfootcare.com/2012/02/19/vinegar-is-good-for-your-feet/ )

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I use sally hasen pedicure stuff and it works great:

http://sallyhansen.com/products/skin-body/foot-care

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I put lotion on my feet and sleep with socks on. Also I get a pedicure once a month. 

grandmotherof6
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

when ever you take a bath, scrub your feet with a pumice stone, then ever night put some vaseline on both feet and wear a sock to bed , this will solve your problem,  and once or twice a month soak your feet in some warm water with one cup of apple cider vinegar for about 30 minutes, polish your toe nails with your favorite color

peggytoo
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sunrisekn:

I put lotion on my feet and sleep with socks on. Also I get a pedicure once a month. 

Ditto here.

craftygrl
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Soak your feet in about a cup of apple cider vingear &  about a gallon of water. I don't usually measure but I'm trying to give you an estimate.  Use a pumice stone. You'll be surprised what comes off your feet.  Before you go to bed rub a good lotion on your feet. I use Nieva .  

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Not sure, mine get pretty bad too> I put lotion on with socks at night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)