Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Hair coloring??????????

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

I dyed my hair in april...    I want to dye it, close to my natural color..  I hate that my roots are showing & I don't think it looks good.  This is the first time that I've done this.  

Do you think I can dye it myself or go to a salon?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM

What is your natural hair colour and what did you dye your hair in Aprli?

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I always do mine myself.. But that just me
suesues
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

just pick closest color but cant go from black to blonde at home whta color do you have now and what is your natural color

craftygrl
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My natural hair color is medium brown. I dyed it using Garniea Olia hair dye.  The color was suppose to be a light brown, but it turned out to be a light red. DH loved it, me I hated it & wanted to cry. :(

SO  I bought some color opps & it didn't take all the color out It made it a lighter version  of red.. But has since lightened so it's a light brown if that makes any since.????

Quoting kika.fleur:

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Since it's now a light brown and you want a medium brown, you could most probably do it on your own at home. How is your hair, though? Not to dry? If it's dry then I would treat that first for two or three weeks then dye it.

If it's damaged or if you aren't sure you'd get the colour you want, then go to a salon. Or go to a hairdressing school and get it done there if you are on a budget - though they are students, they know much more than we do (or at least more than I do) and their instructors are there to guide them.

If you want to do at home and your are unsure, call the customer service people and ask whether the colour you are going to pick (give the ref number) will give you the colour you want now that your hair is light brown and anything you should do/prepare beforehand and look out for.

Good luck!

Quoting craftygrl:

My natural hair color is medium brown. I dyed it using Garniea Olia hair dye.  The color was suppose to be a light brown, but it turned out to be a light red. DH loved it, me I hated it & wanted to cry. :(

SO  I bought some color opps & it didn't take all the color out It made it a lighter version  of red.. But has since lightened so it's a light brown if that makes any since.????

Quoting kika.fleur:

craftygrl
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I think I'll go to a salon. DH is like stop being so cheap. lol  He's like go to a salon & you will like it better.

My hair is actually pretty good.  I was really afraid it would look awful, Guess I got lucky..

othermom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

No clue, I don't kno much about dying hair

rjsmommy214
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I would go to a salon. If you get another box it may come out wrong again. If it's brassy they will need to use ash to counteract the red. depending on your natural color, if u put ash on it, it could take on a green hue. Have a professional look at it. Box color can be harsh and hard to fix. You have an advantage since the color has faded, if you put fresh color on then need it fixed it may be more difficult.

Quoting craftygrl:

Quoting kika.fleur:

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Time to pamper yourself, too!

Quoting craftygrl:

I think I'll go to a salon. DH is like stop being so cheap. lol  He's like go to a salon & you will like it better.

My hair is actually pretty good.  I was really afraid it would look awful, Guess I got lucky..

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM

red is hard to get out call number on box they will tell you what to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)