Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Last purchases?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

What was your last makeup or skincare purchase that you really really like and plan to buy again once you've run out.

Is there a makeup or skincare product that you'd like to try soon?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Creme cup lipstick from MAC. It's the perfect everyday nudey pink color. It's gorgeous. And it's a creme sheen which is def my favorite formula :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:11 AM

It's sounds nice. I'll have a look on Monday :-)

Quoting ae86mommy:

Creme cup lipstick from MAC. It's the perfect everyday nudey pink color. It's gorgeous. And it's a creme sheen which is def my favorite formula :)

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I found a new face powder (can't remember the brand) that comes with the Kabuki brush that I absolutely LOVE and will definitely purchase again (even though it was pricy to my standards)
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Do they have refills? if it comes with a good kabuki brush and you look good, then it sounds like it's worth the price.

Quoting NiCo86:

I found a new face powder (can't remember the brand) that comes with the Kabuki brush that I absolutely LOVE and will definitely purchase again (even though it was pricy to my standards)

NiCo86
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I have difficult skin, and its the first powder that I have found that doesn't increase the oiliness of my skin! I only had to.reapply ONCE when I used to reapply constantly!

but no, its not designed to be opened and refilled. I wish though! it was $16 and has less powder (about half) than what I usually use, but I'm hoping that not having to use it as often will make It last just as long. we shall see :)

Quoting kika.fleur:

Do they have refills? if it comes with a good kabuki brush and you look good, then it sounds like it's worth the price.

Quoting NiCo86:

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

The last makeup i bought and really loved was my YSL glossy balm. I just finished it a  few days ago actually, but I won't replace it till I get through a couple other balms I have. I do want to get it though!  I akso want to try out the Dior air flash line...primer and foundation.as well as Korres. I love the Korres anti aging concealer.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Urban Decay's de-slick powder. Only used it twice but it keeps the nasty oil slick at bay.
And Fresh sugar lip treatment. Last one I got was Coral. I also have Petal and Honey. But I want just the regular one. We just got a Sephora at my "local" mall (an hour away) and I am just so thrilled!
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Well, if you are only having to reapply it once instead of many times a day it might just last as long or a tad longer than your old powder.

Quoting NiCo86:

I have difficult skin, and its the first powder that I have found that doesn't increase the oiliness of my skin! I only had to.reapply ONCE when I used to reapply constantly!

but no, its not designed to be opened and refilled. I wish though! it was $16 and has less powder (about half) than what I usually use, but I'm hoping that not having to use it as often will make It last just as long. we shall see :)
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:54 AM

The YSL glossy balm sounds nice.

Let me know when you've tried the Dior spray foundation. It also looks like a good first step for someone who wants to try airbrushing but doesn't want to invest in it yet.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

The last makeup i bought and really loved was my YSL glossy balm. I just finished it a  few days ago actually, but I won't replace it till I get through a couple other balms I have. I do want to get it though!  I akso want to try out the Dior air flash line...primer and foundation.as well as Korres. I love the Korres anti aging concealer.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Where was Urban Decay when I needed it??? I'll keep the product in mind, though - thanks for that.

I love the names of lip treatments!

I know the feeling! We don't have a Sephora here (yet - it's just a matter of time, methinks) but everytime I go to this one city I just need to check out Sephora LOL! Am going on Monday :-) :-) :-)

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Urban Decay's de-slick powder. Only used it twice but it keeps the nasty oil slick at bay.
And Fresh sugar lip treatment. Last one I got was Coral. I also have Petal and Honey. But I want just the regular one. We just got a Sephora at my "local" mall (an hour away) and I am just so thrilled!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)