Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

How do you like your eyebrows?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:01 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was looking at a photo of a model in a make-up advert and my first reaction was, "Oh my eyebrows!" She had very thick, luxuriant eyebrows. They are beautiful, but just a bit more thicker than what I like.

So how do you like and wear your eyebrows?

Do you use pencil or powder or eyeshadow to fill them in?

Do you pluck, wax or thread?

Have you ever had your eyebrows professionally done?

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I only recently started filling my brows in. It took me some time to do it in a way I felt didn't make me look like a clown

I have a wax and powder I use, but I also have a pencil and highlighter I just started to play with..

I  have been waxing, plucking and mostly threading for years.

I'm ok with my brow thickness but I really like to get a good arch, it does wonders for my square face shape....and I find I can only get that  look when I get my brows professionally done. Now that I am happy with filling in my brows I am starting to experiment with different shapes and products. Who thought brows could make such a difference!

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Getting eyebrows done makes a big but subtle difference, doesn't it? I find that they look fuller, that it helps feature one's eye better and it really makes our look more pulled together.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I only recently started filling my brows in. It took me some time to do it in a way I felt didn't make me look like a clown

I have a wax and powder I use, but I also have a pencil and highlighter I just started to play with..

I'm ok with my brow thickness but I really like to get a good arch, it does wonders for my square face shape....and I find I can only get that  look when I get my brows professionally done. Now that I am happy with filling in my brows I am starting to experiment with different shapes and products. Who thought brows could make such a difference!

SWasson
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Hmm, this reminds me I need to clean up my eyebrows. I trim the top edge and pluck the strays. My eyebrows seem to be getting sparser as I age, so I sometimes fill them in a little, but not in the summer, when eyeliner and mascara seem to be all I can stand wearing.

I have never had them professionally done. Having seen some friends with waxed brows that aren't to my liking, I certainly don't want to subject my brows to that.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM

How often do you get your brows done?

An alternative to waxing and plucking by professionals, there's also threading. At the hands of a good technician, it's a very good way to shape one's eyebrows. And it isn't expensive.

I hate plucking, whether I do it myself or worse, by someone else. When someone else does it it makes me extremely claustrophobic. Then there's the pain factor, and it take time to pluck the brows one by one. As for waxing, in no way will I have hot wax near my eyes and subject the skin underneath my eyebrows to that.

Quoting SWasson:

Hmm, this reminds me I need to clean up my eyebrows. I trim the top edge and pluck the strays. My eyebrows seem to be getting sparser as I age, so I sometimes fill them in a little, but not in the summer, when eyeliner and mascara seem to be all I can stand wearing.

I have never had them professionally done. Having seen some friends with waxed brows that aren't to my liking, I certainly don't want to subject my brows to that.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Its a really amazing transformation IMO. Like getting a good hair cut! I find when my brows are nicely done, I need less makeup!

Quoting kika.fleur:

Getting eyebrows done makes a big but subtle difference, doesn't it? I find that they look fuller, that it helps feature one's eye better and it really makes our look more pulled together.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Yes. Even my bad hair day still looks decent when the cut is good.

They say that the eyebrows frames the eyes, and that's true. But it also gives definition to the face.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Its a really amazing transformation IMO. Like getting a good hair cut! I find when my brows are nicely done, I need less makeup!

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I just pluck mine a bit and trim the longer hairs towards the ends, they're naturally a bit thick and have an arch. I've never had them professionally done, I'm afraid of them getting messed up.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

You are lucky that your eyebrows are naturally thick and have an arch! I know that you mean - for a long time I resisted having my eyebrows done professionally because of that same fear. I've found someone who doesn't overdo it. She keeps it looking nice, neat and natural - the way I like it.

Quoting Vinterland:

I just pluck mine a bit and trim the longer hairs towards the ends, they're naturally a bit thick and have an arch. I've never had them professionally done, I'm afraid of them getting messed up.

Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM
I never do anything to mine!
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Lucky you! Some people have naturally beautiful eyebrows :-)

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I never do anything to mine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN