Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

HAIR question...Pic added.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Is this normal??? I washed my DDs hair earlier tonight and all this hair just fell out as I rinsed off the conditioner. Her hair is super long n curly so I condition it n comb while wet . This happened before but it's never been this much. Any thoughts, opinions or advice is welcome. Thanks.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:32 AM

If there's less than 100 strands it's still within normal. I have long, thick hair so it looks like a lot fall out when I wash my hair.

Keep track of how much she's shedding hair when you've just brushed or combed it, and whether you find strands of hair elsewhere.

Has she been ill lately, or tired? Has  there been a heatwave? All these things (and others) can affect how much hair we shed.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM

looks like my house is she on meds or diet ask dr

Jess-Jax0711
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Well, I didn't really count the hair strands I will def do it next time. N nothing Has really changed. N no hair anywhere else just this n sometimes when I comb her hair.

Quoting kika.fleur:

If there's less than 100 strands it's still within normal. I have long, thick hair so it looks like a lot fall out when I wash my hair.

Keep track of how much she's shedding hair when you've just brushed or combed it, and whether you find strands of hair elsewhere.

Has she been ill lately, or tired? Has  there been a heatwave? All these things (and others) can affect how much hair we shed.

Jess-Jax0711
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Lol. No she not on anything n she's 6. I loose a lot of hair too, but I'm on bc and take other meds/vitamin as well...so idk y it would happen to her.

Quoting suesues:

looks like my house is she on meds or diet ask dr

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Do you have her take any vitamins? My dd is 6 and her pedi told me to get her on a regular kids multi. Have you noticed any behavioral changes? When my dd is having a "stress" epidsode the only indicators are increased tantrums and then, like a week later, her nails start breaking easy.
Jess-Jax0711
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Yes she takes kids multi vitamins. No changes at all shes a pretty calm kid.
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Has it been hotter than usual? Has she been through a stressful time?

Does she shampoo her hair every day? Depending on her hair and scalp, she might not need to shampoo her hair every day. Maybe every other day, or every third day?

If it continues, and there's a lot of hair loss, do talk to her paediatrician.

Quoting Jess-Jax0711:

Well, I didn't really count the hair strands I will def do it next time. N nothing Has really changed. N no hair anywhere else just this n sometimes when I comb her hair.
Jess-Jax0711
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Yes it has been hotter these few days n she's fixing to b 6 next month so unless she's stressing over what she wants for her birthday Lol... I shampoo her hair twice a week only, we are blk/mex so I was told that because of her hair type she didn't need shampooing everyday like I do...thank u for your help I will start counting hair strands from now on just to make sure. :)

Quoting kika.fleur:

Has it been hotter than usual? Has she been through a stressful time?

Does she shampoo her hair every day? Depending on her hair and scalp, she might not need to shampoo her hair every day. Maybe every other day, or every third day?

If it continues, and there's a lot of hair loss, do talk to her paediatrician.

Quoting Jess-Jax0711:

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
That looks like my hair.. Everytime I wash,brush or everything.. My hair is everywhere in the house
mollymae09
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Completely normal! Curly hair doesn't shed much until you are actually detangling/combing hair. So the hair you found could be all the hair she has lost since her last wash/comb through. I lose MUCH more than that when I detangle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN