Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Eyebrows.

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I finally got my eyebrows waxed about a month or so ago. I was wondering how often I need to get them waxed. I know the popular answer will be when they grow back in but I have a hard time telling how thick they are because they are light and because I look at them every day so I don't notice when/if they are getting thicker. So how often, typically, do you ladies get your eyebrows waxed, plucked, threaded whatever? 

Next question is how do I fill my eyebrows in? A step by step or a good YouTube tutorial would be awesome. Also, How do I pick the shade for the eyebrow pencil? I know nothing about eyebrow pencils so if you would like to share a good brand or any tip on that, it would be awesome and most welcome!

Sorry for all the questions but I am lost in eyebrow land. I never knew I was supposed to even do anything with them until I joined the beauty groups on here (pathetic I know). Any advice or tips would be most welcome! Thank you all for your time!  

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have them waxed once a month and sometimes plug a few here and there i use a blond pencil to fill in also used a darker one but to hard looking i also have dyed my eyebrows when i die my hair be very careful though

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Its needs them every week but I go every 2 weeks
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I get them threaded every 4 to 6 weeks. I don't pluck in between because I hate plucking.

My eyebrows are dark so I use a dark brown powder. There is however, a product I've been meaning to try and that's a tinted brow gel. Think mascara but for the brows. Anastasia Beverly Hills has a couple of colours that might be suitable for you. Apart from pencil and brow gel you also have powders.

Do you live near a Sephora? You can try out the colours there.

Derari
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM

You just need to pluck the stray hairs once a week perhaps. You can get them tidied up whenever the shape looks like it has changed ie, not neat aanymore you can use a pencil the same shade as your brows to fill in...and just quick strokes, not like colouring with a crayon...I prefer threading, it is more precise and doesn't tug at your skin like waxing.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN