Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101
My sister gave me a bottle and the cream to try. I've used it once so far not impressed, but it does smell amazing.

Anyone else with wen experiences? Do I just need to give it more time?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Supervane
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the feeling I'm getting and its giving me.scalp sensitivity.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I only use Wen when I'm not going to blow dry my hair.  But when I use it and blow it out it feels heavy and greasy, at least on my hair,

Janet
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Maybe a different one would be good for you.

Zadidoll
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Quoting Supervane:

No idea where she got it, I do know she receives a monthly supply. Bottle says wen by chaz dean soooo who know. I used it again and still not convinced.

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting Supervane:

My sister gave me a bottle and the cream to try. I've used it once so far not impressed, but it does smell amazing.

Where did she get it? If it's by Gunthey-Rekner (tv infomercial) rather than from Chaz Deen (or QVC) then it's the cheaper version and the ingredients are not the same. If it is the Gunthey-Rekner one this is most likely why you're not seeing any differences.

Sounds like she gets the Guthney-Renker one if she gets a monthly bottle. G-R is not as good as the real WEN. It's a cheaper version.

Guthney-Renker WEN

Real WEN.

Notice the differences?

Supervane
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Honestly I don't see the difference. I used it a 3rd time and still not,happy. Maybe it's my ethnic hair. I'm going back to my salon products, and throwing the wen in the guest bath...

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting Supervane:

No idea where she got it, I do know she receives a monthly supply. Bottle says wen by chaz dean soooo who know. I used it again and still not convinced.

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting Supervane:

Where did she get it? If it's by Gunthey-Rekner (tv infomercial) rather than from Chaz Deen (or QVC) then it's the cheaper version and the ingredients are not the same. If it is the Gunthey-Rekner one this is most likely why you're not seeing any differences.

Sounds like she gets the Guthney-Renker one if she gets a monthly
bottle. G-R is not as good as the real WEN. It's a cheaper version.

Guthney-Renker WEN

Real WEN.

Notice the differences?

Schaiswife09
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I have wen and I liked it at first but after a while my hair got greasy and I had to go back to shampoo. Maybe it was the kind I had?? I used the fig I think? Anyway didn't like it. Also tried the hair one (supposedly the same thing) I didn't like that one either. I'm using herbal essences now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XnikoX
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM

My sister in law gave me a bunch of Wen products. I loved how my hair felt and smelled after the first time. But then after that it just seemed to weigh my hair down and make it look dirty. 

bldsukr
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
It made my hair fall out! Totally devastated me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Oh goodness that's scary

Quoting bldsukr:

It made my hair fall out! Totally devastated me!

bldsukr
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Yeah it scared the bejeebers outta me so I stopped using it and gave it to a friend. Works fine on him. So I guess certain people just cant use it. Now I use Organix Biotin & Collagen, I Luv it! And for the silky shine I use a little bit of Frizz Ease spray...works great! Good Luck finding your perfect match :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried it but it weighed my hair down, love it for shaving legs though ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN