Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

I taught myself to do Acrylic Nails =D (Pics)

Posted by   + Show Post

I love glitter and I always have a lot going on but I do have some nice simple stuff in there. I've been doing my own nails a little over a year now and I've gotten way better but as you can see in some of the pics I did have some not so hot sets lol.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
RedHeadTemper
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Love those! I feel like I've been working on shaping forever. I couldn't agree with your more though. I found some vids on youtube where you mix your acrylic with glitter to get glittertips. I usually try to put a clear top acrylic coat over everything to help with keeping the whole nail nice and consistant but when I'm shaping I tend to file down into my glitter. I'm thinking I also make them too thick =(

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Are these ones you did on yourself or a client? Do you use tips??

Quoting kattcooper:

Mobile Photo

kattcooper
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

This was a client. I tried to take a photo of mine but I cant get them to look decent in a photo, im not talented enough. haha. 

These are acrylic and gel. No I do not use tips, i strongly dislike tips. 

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Lol I know it's hard to take a good pic of your own hands!

I hate tips! Can't stand them :)
I'll post a pic of some of mine that I did recently if you want to see them. I can't reply with photo since I'm mobile. :(

Quoting kattcooper:

This was a client. I tried to take a photo of mine but I cant get them to look decent in a photo, im not talented enough. haha. 

These are acrylic and gel. No I do not use tips, i strongly dislike tips. 

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Some tie dye ones I did on myself. These were one of my faves. I'm sad the company discontinued the neon colors I used :(
kattcooper
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG. I LOVE THOSE!!!!    I did a set similar but they were pastel and not neon, I might have a picture on my phone. Ill have to look. 

*runs to my nail desk to make sure i have these colors to do to myself later ;) * 

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Mobile Photo

Some tie dye ones I did on myself. These were one of my faves. I'm sad the company discontinued the neon colors I used :(

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I have quite a few pictures of my work on my profile too. Do you? I would love to look at some of yours. I have hundreds on my phone. Lol I'll add a couple of photo shoot nails I did one for Halloween and one for Christmas :)

Quoting kattcooper:

OMG. I LOVE THOSE!!!!    I did a set similar but they were pastel and not neon, I might have a picture on my phone. Ill have to look. 

*runs to my nail desk to make sure i have these colors to do to myself later ;) * 

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Mobile Photo

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Mobile Photo

Halloween nails.. :)
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Mobile Photo

They glow in the dark ;)
Sister_Someone
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Awesome design. These are too long to be convenient for me, work reasons and such, but I'd totally rock the design on shorter nails!

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Mobile Photo

They glow in the dark ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN