Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

I taught myself to do Acrylic Nails =D (Pics)

Posted by   + Show Post

I love glitter and I always have a lot going on but I do have some nice simple stuff in there. I've been doing my own nails a little over a year now and I've gotten way better but as you can see in some of the pics I did have some not so hot sets lol.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
kattcooper
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a bazillion of pictures on my phone but none on my laptop. weird haha.       

Ive been on bedrest and very sensitive to the smells right now so I didnt do any halloween sets. :( But I am currently rocking some glittery blue for the first snowfall haha. 

I dont have any on my profile, I didnt even know that i could do that. im going to look into it now.  

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

I have quite a few pictures of my work on my profile too. Do you? I would love to look at some of yours. I have hundreds on my phone. Lol I'll add a couple of photo shoot nails I did one for Halloween and one for Christmas :)

Quoting kattcooper:

OMG. I LOVE THOSE!!!!    I did a set similar but they were pastel and not neon, I might have a picture on my phone. Ill have to look. 

*runs to my nail desk to make sure i have these colors to do to myself later ;) * 

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Mobile Photo

Some tie dye ones I did on myself. These were one of my faves. I'm sad the company discontinued the neon colors I used :(

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Mobile Photo

Not a very good angle on these ones :( but these are diamond shape photo shoot nails :)
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah they were super long because they were for s photo shoot. :) I shortened them down after photos were taken lol

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Awesome design. These are too long to be convenient for me, work reasons and such, but I'd totally rock the design on shorter nails!

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Mobile Photo

They glow in the dark ;)

RoseWall
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM

interesting

RedHeadTemper
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Just did these today, I still need to work on shaping but not to bad for not doing them for about 4 months or so.

Autumn19
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

mom_to_kenzie
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Curious to know what/where you ladies buy your stuff!! I do my own (simple kit from target) bc I don't have the time to go sit at a salon or nail shop.
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm licensed so I get mine at the salon I work at. You can get stuff at Sally's Beauty Supply and you don't have to be licensed. :)

Quoting mom_to_kenzie: Curious to know what/where you ladies buy your stuff!! I do my own (simple kit from target) bc I don't have the time to go sit at a salon or nail shop.
lele678
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Good job I tried to do my own acrylic it didn't come out to great
RedHeadTemper
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

It took me a lot of practice and heck I'm still working on it. Here are my christmas nails and a set I did on my bestfriend =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN