Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Expensive or 'cheap' make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I only use Elf which is farely cheap and works great. I have found the expensive stuff makes me itch and it bothers my eyes so bad that I just cant wear it. What do you wear? What do you recommend? I would like to branch out and maybe find something that would actually have the color of foundation i need no one has got it right yet!

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I use a mix of both. It really depends on what works for you and your skin type, what your budget is, your makeup techniques and what you like.

AviannasMama
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I just started wearing makeup again so I'm just buying drugstore makeup while I get the hang of things!
BeautifulMomof1
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I'm not particular about my makeup . . I don't wear foundation . . the only thing I buy the name brand for is mascara . . I use Maybelline Collosal Volume . . everything else is whatever I find at Wal-Mart . . 

BeautifulMomof1
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

what primer do you use?

Quoting suesues:

I use good foundation and primer the rest is mix and match drug store. research shows they are all the same just differ packages

hiba84
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I don't compromise on foundation. I have tried so many different brands and the one that fit my skin perfectly is guerlain (sp). I plan on trying MAC when I run out. I absolutely love their powder. The rest I would go for anything from MAC to max factor, revlon, essence or high end brands.
suesues
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

what primer do you use?

Quoting suesues:

I use good foundation and primer the rest is mix and match drug store. research shows they are all the same just differ packages

Mally QVC

Bitchess
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I just started using ELF recently and am totally addicted to the brand. Love the prices and all the nifty items they have available. I just last week bought their flawless finish foundation and adore it.

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Amberlynn2010
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Only thing I use is sephora and cover girl.
psych_mom
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I use Aveda foundation because it is the only thing that works for my skin. I have Urban Decay, Too Faced, Wet n' Wild, and various other eye shadows, Aveda lip stick, and I forget what brand of mascara but it is a lower cost store brand.

lele678
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I use both high end and drugstore since I'm a freelance makeup artist. In my personal collection I use more drugstore brands
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)