Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Expensive or 'cheap' make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I only use Elf which is farely cheap and works great. I have found the expensive stuff makes me itch and it bothers my eyes so bad that I just cant wear it. What do you wear? What do you recommend? I would like to branch out and maybe find something that would actually have the color of foundation i need no one has got it right yet!

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
godsgirl26
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I dont wear makeup. But here is a bump for you :)

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I just got a bunch of ELF makeup for Christmas. I use all types.

Bitchess
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM

What did you get? :)

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

peggytoo
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I wear Lancome foundation, powder, and blush.   Anything else like mascara, eyeliner, lipcolor..., depending on shades and colors that appeal to me, its Loreal, Lancome, or Revlon.

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I got a palette of 32 eyeshadows and 8 lip glosses. All a gift from a Secret Santa online. 

Quoting Bitchess:

What did you get? :)

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

1LovelyAngel
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM

which  primer do you use for your foundation 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Well I used to be all drugstore brands till a few years ago....but now I think most of the stuff I have is in the "higher end" category. I splurge on foundations and primers the most, but I have a few elf blushes and cheap liners, I alos get most of my hail polish from the drugstore. If I see something that looks good I will try it out doesn't matter the brand really.

1LovelyAngel
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM

which primer and foundation do you use

Quoting suesues:

I use good foundation and primer the rest is mix and match drug store. research shows they are all the same just differ packages

1LovelyAngel
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM

have you tried their primer

Quoting Bitchess:

I just started using ELF recently and am totally addicted to the brand. Love the prices and all the nifty items they have available. I just last week bought their flawless finish foundation and adore it.

1LovelyAngel
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM

which lancome foundation do you wear 

Quoting peggytoo:

I wear Lancome foundation, powder, and blush.   Anything else like mascara, eyeliner, lipcolor..., depending on shades and colors that appeal to me, its Loreal, Lancome, or Revlon.

MrsImperfect
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I started using this ponds facial lotion to even skin tone and it made my face look like I wear makeup when I don't, so now I use cover girl foundation around my eyes and that's it. I would love to try an expensive brand but I can't afford it right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)