Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Expensive or 'cheap' make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I only use Elf which is farely cheap and works great. I have found the expensive stuff makes me itch and it bothers my eyes so bad that I just cant wear it. What do you wear? What do you recommend? I would like to branch out and maybe find something that would actually have the color of foundation i need no one has got it right yet!

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
peggytoo
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Teintidole Ultra oil free 14 hour retouch free

Quoting 1LovelyAngel:

which lancome foundation do you wear 

Quoting peggytoo:

I wear Lancome foundation, powder, and blush.   Anything else like mascara, eyeliner, lipcolor..., depending on shades and colors that appeal to me, its Loreal, Lancome, or Revlon.

Bitchess
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I have and currently use two of their primers. Brightening lavender and radiant glow. Both seem to work great. Goes on really smooth.

Quoting 1LovelyAngel:

have you tried their primer

Quoting Bitchess:

I just started using ELF recently and am totally addicted to the brand. Love the prices and all the nifty items they have available. I just last week bought their flawless finish foundation and adore it.

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

KathreneW
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Bare Minerals

starstruck88
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:23 AM

I love Urban Decay, Coastal Scents, and a bunch of other drugstore brands.

RockinMama12
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:35 AM

Well, I use Shisheido Radiant Lifting Foundation. It is non comegetic. I would suggest for you to look for a foundation that has on the label non comegetic AND hypoallergenic.

You could try

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Makeup

Almay claims to be hypoallergenic

I haven't of tried the foundations from either company really since I have pasty white skin that doesn't hardly match anything. Look up the reviews on the products when you have the time so you are educated before you spend $$ on your makeup.

divas33
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I use motives .....i buy from the website 

www.motivescosmetics.com/mineralmade

notdown4games
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Mix and match. But mostly e.l.f. and rimmel
acer.acerpori
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:27 AM
I have a mix of everything the expensive stuff is normally a treat or I buy it if it goes on sale. I'm a true drugstore/department store makeup girl!
Graceplustwo
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I like high end and drug store make up.
for foundation I mainly use mac,tarte,kat von d
but I did like covergirl stay fab foundation, and I was blown away by elfs HD cream foundation. it has surprisingly good coverage and witj a beauty blended offers a bbeautiful finish but has little lasting power ,even with a primer.
I mainly stick with high end. with most things in life you get what you pay for and this is very true with make up.
I suggest mac for anything, such great quality make up.
tarte,
bobbi brown
makeup forever
mudd
urben decay
illamasques
LaughCryLive
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM
For the full face I have bare essentials. Eye shadow I have tarte and I just ordered some shanny from amazon. Idk what mascara I have and my lipstick is from dollar tree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)