Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Expensive or 'cheap' make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I only use Elf which is farely cheap and works great. I have found the expensive stuff makes me itch and it bothers my eyes so bad that I just cant wear it. What do you wear? What do you recommend? I would like to branch out and maybe find something that would actually have the color of foundation i need no one has got it right yet!

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (41-44):
Zadidoll
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I use hundreds of brands from drugstore to designer. Some items are better than others but it's about the quality of the makeup not the brand name. I've had $40 lipsticks that sucks and I've had $1 lipsticks that were fantastic. I've had $2 eyeshadows that were were horrible and $50 palettes that were fantastic. It's about knowing the ingredients and how many fillers are in it. The less fillers the better the product.

mismaggie
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Yes!! Revlon Colorstay is awesome foundation :)

Quoting Vinterland:

I use inexpensive makeup as well, it works just as good for me. For foundation, I love Revlon color stay and Revlon whipped creme makeup.

Mylashguru
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I am pretty picky about the cosmetics I use and like to look everything up on the ewg.org database.  I have sensitive skin and eyes also in addition to being 8 months pregnant and being very picky about what i put on my skin.  Ive been using younique products because theyre all natural based and loved all the products so much that i even decided to be a presenter!  The prices are not too expensive but not cheap because the products are made of natural based ingredients.  I love the touch cream foundation because it provides great coverage and is easily blendable as well as not too heavy which is $32.  The 3d fiber lash mascara though is what makes Younique very popular.  

peggytoo
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:57 AM

I mainly use Lancome and have for years.  Their products work well with  my skin.  Also use some Loreal products, and they are part of Lancome.  Have heard it said that Lancome starts their products out in Loreal and if it does real good they'll move into the Lancome line.   And if I spot an interesting color or speciality procuct in another product line I will get it.  I started off using Maybelline and Revlon,  then E. Arden, eventually Loreal, and now Lancome is my fave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN