Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Dark circles so bad it looks like I have a black eye - help?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have really horrible dark circles under my eyes and melasma on my cheeks. Both are worse on the left side of my face. I've had several people stop me and ask me if I have a black eye. My 17 year old neighbor asked if DH hits me. Even my sister asked me and she knows DH...that is just how bad it looks. The melasma is a hormonal thing from PCOS. I can use skin bleaching cream to lighten it but it comes back. I'm more concerned about my eye that looks so badly bruised.

Any makeup tips or creams that might help? Thanks!

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:57 AM
You could try cool cucumber slices for 10-15 minutes daily. Even cool tea bags or ice in a cloth towel daiky for 10-15 minutes. Frozen cotton balls would work too.
Snakecharm
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Try cutting all gluten out of your diet for two weeks and see if it helps.
wtxjess
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I have horrible dark circles too.  I use Camoflauge, a concealer made for covering tattoos lol.  Works pretty well.

AromaDrops33
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I sell all natural bath & body products and recommend Jordan Essentials cucumber eye treatment, caffiene gel, and the moisturizer :)
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Yellow or orange concealer is what you need to conceal blue/purple circles. It wont be the natural colour of your skin though, so you will have to use it either under foundation, or with another concealer that matches your skin tone on top.

I have used Nyx's yellow jar concealer which is a good cheapie and I love Lancomes maquicomplet correcter which is pricier but worth every penny!

Nyx's jars

Lancome Maquicomplet

Vicariously
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Rosehip Seed oil and castor oil help for me. I have these dark spots on the inner corner of my eyes and I can tell the difference as soon as I stop using the oil. I juts mix a drop of both and rub it in. Castor Oil makes your lashes grow longer and darker too - added benefit.

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I use concealer
3dlashes
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Younique makes a cleanser called awake that contains licorice root and lots of women are saying it is helping their under eye circles www.makeoveryourlashes.com

loridori4
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I'm a makeup formulator. Yellow or Peachy concealer will counteract the darkness. This one is very intense, pretty much water and sweat proof and lasts all day:

xElizabethx
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Thanks for all the tips! I ended up buying Bobbi Brown's under eye corrector in dark peach. It works really well on my right eye which isn't as bad as my left. It works okay on my left eye. The product itself is a little dry and reallllly shows lines under my eyes. I didn't realize I was "supposed" to buy it with the same line's yellow setting powder. I'm not even sure how I would apply that and foundation as right now I put foundation over the corrector because it is so far from my skin tone.

I avoid corrective yellows because it just makes the bruising look worse. The whole blue plus yellow makes green thing is a factor. I think I might try Nyx's orange concealer next. I don't really have bags, just the horrible bruised look. I've read about all different sorts of treatments and they all claim to work miracles but I just can't decide which to go with. I've tried drug store treatments before and didn't see any improvement, btw.

So I sort of consider this issue (at least the covering it up part) solved for now. Now if only I could figure out the right foundation shade for me...ugh...

Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN