Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

I think my hair is thinning....ACK!

Pink.Frosting
I really need to go to bed, but I'm too tired to get up and walk back there, lol. Poo.
Yesterday at 3:52 AM
Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, first off let me just say that I have exceptionally thick hair.  I know lots of ladies say that have thick hair and that's great but there is them.....and then there is me.  My hair is just thicker than most who have thick hair.  I got it from my grandmother.  She was 90 and could barely get a brush through hers.  So it's not like I have bald spots or anything.  But something....just isn't feeling right.  Or maybe it's that it seems different.  It seems like when I wash my hair and brush my hair a lot more comes out than what used to.  The only thing I have done differently is about six months ago I started coloring my hair.  But I'm very careful with my hair.  I condition religiously and use hair masks and work hard to take good care of it. 

I'm 38 if that matters.  Is this something that happens with age?  I'm going to start taking Biotin and see if that helps.  Like I said, it doesn't seem like I'm losing enough that anyone would know but *I* know and I would like to stop it in it's tracks.  Has this happened to anyone else?

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:23 AM

its all normal and just wait till premenapause just accept it and keep doing what your doing also mention it to dr next appt 

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Yes, it haapened to me and is still happening. Fortunately, I have a lot of thick hair like you.

Have you been particularly stressed lately? Been sick? Gone through a series of mid-level stress events but one after the other without a real break in between? Do you think you've started perimenopause?

Pink.Frosting
I really need to go to bed, but I'm too tired to get up and walk back there, lol. Poo.
Yesterday at 3:52 AM
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies, glad to know it's normal at this age. As for stress ~ no, not really.  Or at least not anything new.  The only real change is coloring my hair - which I don't plan on stopping, lol.  Perimenopause....I have wondered.  I think I'll make an appointment soon to talk all that over with my doctor. 

Quoting kika.fleur:

Yes, it haapened to me and is still happening. Fortunately, I have a lot of thick hair like you.

Have you been particularly stressed lately? Been sick? Gone through a series of mid-level stress events but one after the other without a real break in between? Do you think you've started perimenopause?

RockinMama12
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:05 AM

The only thing I can suggest is when you shampoo and condition to massage your scalp for a bit to encourage blood flow to the follicles which in turn can help open up some hair follicles. 

bldsukr
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Same thing is happening to me!! I just turned 37 but I wonder if its my Thyroid..my mother has Thyroid problems so its a good possibility. I started taking Biotin pills but didn't notice a change. Then I found a shampoo & conditioner that I fell in love with!! Organix Biotin & Collagen. I get them at Walmart since I've shopped around and they are the absolute cheapest price $5.47 each.
I tried other Organix shampoos & conditioners but the dark purple Biotin & Collagen are the only ones that work for me! Give it a try and please let me know what you think!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN