Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Cheap Shampoo and Conditioner?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hey there, I'm new to cafemom and to the group! I was looking for some input. We have a new baby coming and are seriously cutting back on spending money right now. I usually use Biolage shampoo and conditioner but have started getting the cheap stuff. Right now I'm using Herbal Essences and I HATE what it's doing to my hair. Any advice on a good, cheap shampoo and conditioner?
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I use whatever i have thin hair so i see no difference maybe buy in bulk at costco or on line 

carolina_gal
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I use Suave.

CorpCityGrl
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Have you tried the Suave Professional line?  It's not bad.  I tried Herbal Essence and I hated it too.  I also didn't like Tresemme for my hair - it dried it out and my stylist said to stay away from it because it generally does that.  Pantene is also great.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If you like Matrix you might want to try any L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners since they own Matrix.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM
There's a reason they are cheap.. they are crap for your hair. The matrix line is not as expensive as the biolage and works amazing! Most of my clients use the Matrix Color Care. Do you color your hair? What biolage were you using?
BeautifulMomof1
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

it really depends on your hair, I guess . . I have used Herbal Essences Hello Hydration with no problem . . and I have also used Suave which worked great for my hair . .

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I use the Suave Professionals. Works great on my hair.

bloodytears1986
by Kelli on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm a little late on this but I did the exact same as you and went from Biolage to Herbal Essence. I hated HE, it made my hair break and look like crap. I went back to using Biolage. Sorry no help, I just wanted to say I had your experience with HE. 

Vicariously
by Me on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM

VO5! Seriously, minimal ingredients but the ones that really make a difference are in there. It’s better than a lot of the other cheap brands, and it's way cheaper than anythign else. Every woman should own the Kiwi Lime Squeeze S&C to clarify their hair at least once a month. Those 2 are definitely a must have!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)