Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Metal Heels

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do any of you have experience wearing them? The thought of not having to constantly replace the rubber heel tips appeals to me. I wear "really" high heels one or two evenings a month and these are something I'd LOVE to be seen in.

by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psych_mom
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I have to honestly say they to me they look like something a stripper would wear, but that is just my thoughts. Maybe if I saw them on, I would think differently.

AJsMom81507
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM

OMG I LOVE those shoes.  i saw a pair at Saks last week

Karla1948
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM

These would be too high for daily wear, I'd want something more like 2 to 3 inches high, no platform, but with the metal heel. Like I mentioned, I only go this high once or twice a month.

Quoting psych_mom:

I have to honestly say they to me they look like something a stripper would wear, but that is just my thoughts. Maybe if I saw them on, I would think differently.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I think they would look much better in that height. Seriously, all I could picture was Pamela Anderson with these 6 inch heels street walking and her boobs falling out, hahaha.

Quoting Karla1948:

These would be too high for daily wear, I'd want something more like 2 to 3 inches high, no platform, but with the metal heel. Like I mentioned, I only go this high once or twice a month.

Quoting psych_mom:

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Once, a long time ago. Rubber heel tips still do fall off - you can see on the picture that the heel tips are transparent but they are still there. I don't like it when the platform is that high as personally I don't think it looks classy or elegant.

peggytoo
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Love the look.  Hot!  But I think that metal heel might not give you much traction on some floor surfaces.  I remember back when I was taking dance lessons wearing tap shoes a number of us girls figured out we could slide with our metal taps on terrazo floors.

juliemom308
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I have some metal heels but they are metal half way down the heel. I have to be careful where I am going to, like if there will be a wooden floor. They sink into most surfaces

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)