Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Highlight and contour?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello ladies! I am really looking into doing more than just mascara everyday. I was wondering what products you like to highlight and contour with. I'm looking for mostly drug store if possible. Also what is the best looking eyeliner? I am not really good with liquid so I was wondering if gel was a little better? Thank you ladies!

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I use bronzer to contour. Park ave princess by tarte is one of my faves, but elf make some blush/bronzer combos that are cheap and effective. For highlighter I like to use benefits girl meets pearl, but again elf make a cheapie baked highlighter I think it's called blush gems, and that works pretty well. It's a powder not a gel like girl meets pearl, buts it's still nice.

i like MACs gel liners but there are cheaper ones out there like the ones from coastal scents.

babymama2009883
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I use bronzer to contour. Park ave princess by tarte is one of my faves, but elf make some blush/bronzer combos that are cheap and effective. For highlighter I like to use benefits girl meets pearl, but again elf make a cheapie baked highlighter I think it's called blush gems, and that works pretty well. It's a powder not a gel like girl meets pearl, buts it's still nice.

i like MACs gel liners but there are cheaper ones out there like the ones from coastal scents.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome =)

Quoting babymama2009883: Thank you :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

psych_mom
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't contour and highlight, but I do line, but I use dark eye shadows and a good brush to do this. Saves money.

Vicariously
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Gel isn’t any better than liquid as far as liner goes. I use a liquid pen called Maybelline Master Precise and it’s so much easier to use than a traditional liquid with the little wand things… I’ve never tried contouring/highlighting but I’ve been wanting to.

Derari
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Drugstore eyeliner, Cover Girl makes one with a sponge tip at the end for smudging and it's awesome.

I use a Mac product for highlighting...and a Clinique bronzed/blush. The Body Shop is slightly more than drugstore, but it has all the right products too. They always have promos too.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

MissKris81
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Not a drugstore line, but Younique cosmetics are priced very reasonably for mineral based products -- They make amazing pigment powders and concealers great for highlighting and contouring!  There are some gorgeous looks and ideas available on their website.  I use "Frisky" for highlighting, and "Foxy" for contouring. 

As for the eyeshadow pigments, I sometimes use them with a damp brush, for liner.  I'm kind of a big fan of the bright, bold shades when I'm feeling sassy!  (Which is often, haha!)   Message me and I'll hook you up with more info and the website URL if you're interested! 

RockinMama12
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Highlighting can be done with a foundation or concealor that is lighter than your skin tone. Even shimmer will do just fine.

Contouring can be done with a bronzer or a foundation a couple levels darker than your skin tone.

Here's some illustrations on highlighting and contouring:

And everyone has their own preference on eyeliner.  What helps me put on gel eyeliner on myself is a bent angle eyeliner brush by Sonia Kashuk at Target.

I hope this helped. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)