Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Removing unwanted hair….

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

I currently use a razor, Nair, or Veet on my legs and under arms and get decent results.  However I am thinking about getting an Emjoi Emagine Epilator (electric) which basically tweezes the hair from your skin.   Im thinking that I can leg and underarm maintenance by doing this.  What do you think ladies?  Any one try this?  Pro-Con thoughts?

shrugging

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I have and use this. It's great.

Pros: hair is removed from the root, much like waxing. No skin is in danger as it is with waxing.

Cons: until you get used to the feeling, it kinda hurts. You need to use it like 3 times a week initially, until your hair follicles get into sync. It's a little time consuming initially, but then becomes a once a week thing. You need to watch out for ingrown hairs if you tend to be prone to that sort of thing.

For me, and I have been doing this for about 8 years, the pros totally outweigh the cons. But much like the nono you need to decide if you are willing to invest the time.
Zawifey
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I know they are painful but I really want to try one. Where do you get them? I have checked local store but still haven't seen any.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
You can order them from the Emjoi website, Amazon (which had the best prices, IMO), or Sally Beauty supply. Sally's also has a limited selection in stores.

Quoting Zawifey:

I know they are painful but I really want to try one. Where do you get them? I have checked local store but still haven't seen any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)