Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Removing unwanted hair….

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

I currently use a razor, Nair, or Veet on my legs and under arms and get decent results.  However I am thinking about getting an Emjoi Emagine Epilator (electric) which basically tweezes the hair from your skin.   Im thinking that I can leg and underarm maintenance by doing this.  What do you think ladies?  Any one try this?  Pro-Con thoughts?

shrugging

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I have and use this. It's great.

Pros: hair is removed from the root, much like waxing. No skin is in danger as it is with waxing.

Cons: until you get used to the feeling, it kinda hurts. You need to use it like 3 times a week initially, until your hair follicles get into sync. It's a little time consuming initially, but then becomes a once a week thing. You need to watch out for ingrown hairs if you tend to be prone to that sort of thing.

For me, and I have been doing this for about 8 years, the pros totally outweigh the cons. But much like the nono you need to decide if you are willing to invest the time.
Zawifey
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I know they are painful but I really want to try one. Where do you get them? I have checked local store but still haven't seen any.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
You can order them from the Emjoi website, Amazon (which had the best prices, IMO), or Sally Beauty supply. Sally's also has a limited selection in stores.

Quoting Zawifey:

I know they are painful but I really want to try one. Where do you get them? I have checked local store but still haven't seen any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN