Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

a little advice please?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm hoping you ladies can help me. I want to change up my look. I'm so tired of always looking the same. The problem is that I have almost no experience with makeup. I have no idea how to make my eyes pop, or what colors to wear for my skin tone (I'll post a 2nd pic so you can see my eyes/usual makeup). I also have no idea what haircuts/hairstyles would work with my super round face.
I see all these makeup savvy women with super cute hair on here, and I'm hoping you ladies can give me some tips. Thank you in advance
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
notdown4games
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM

FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg

This was when my hair was still its natural color. I did the make up, but didn't do my hair (I'm not good with a curling iron lol) a friend did. But now you can see my eye color and skin tone
RockinMama12
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM

What would you describe your everyday look as far as clothes go, and how much time are you will to put into getting ready in the morning? These are things I like to ask before giving suggestions. :)  I have suggestions in mind but I would like to narrow it down a bit first.

-_-
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Cut your hair between your chin and shoulders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notdown4games
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM
It varies. On normal days,just jeans and a v neck or collared shirt. Usually black, navy blues, or gray. I have a few dressy casual shirts in various jewel tones (red, blue, amber) but my foray into color has been slow. I really don't know what colors to wear with my skin tone.
As for how much time I'm willing to spend in the morning,if I can look at myself and not want to cry from disappointment or boredom over looking the same.........I'll MAKE as much time as I need to achieve that. Once the kids are getting dressed for school and eating I have 30-60 minutes uninterrupted every morning. Would that suffice?

Quoting RockinMama12:

What would you describe your everyday look as far as clothes go, and how much time are you will to put into getting ready in the morning? These are things I like to ask before giving suggestions. :)  I have suggestions in mind but I would like to narrow it down a bit first.

notdown4games
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM
I've been considering that. My godmother is a hairdresser and she's been pushing for a very layered cut. She wants it to fall between chin and shoulder and feather in around my face. She's sent me a couple of pictures that I could post

Quoting -_-: Cut your hair between your chin and shoulders.
suesues
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:30 AM

you should cut hair frame your face maybe add highlights  salon can help you  and how about walking in to dept store tell them you need foundation let them give you a makeover just boy foundation for starters dont let them pressure you into anything else

-_-
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Quoting notdown4games: I've been considering that. My godmother is a hairdresser and she's been pushing for a very layered cut. She wants it to fall between chin and shoulder and feather in around my face. She's sent me a couple of pictures that I could post
Quoting -_-: Cut your hair between your chin and shoulders.

I think something like this would be super cute.

notdown4games
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I'd thought about doing the department store makeover. But I always see girls leaving the counter looking like tammy faye baker. Maybe wichita reps aren't up to par? Lol

Quoting suesues:

you should cut hair frame your face maybe add highlights  salon can help you  and how about walking in to dept store tell them you need foundation let them give you a makeover just boy foundation for starters dont let them pressure you into anything else

RockinMama12
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Girl, 30-60 minutes uninterrupted every morning would be amazing on my end! 

First off, from what I see from the second picture you've posted you have beautiful blue eyes, am I right? You can make them pop with some brown eye shadows for an everyday look.

Playing around with highlighting and contouring your face can make your face appear a totally different shape. You can highlight (bring out) with shimmer, concealer, or even a foundation that is a couple shades lighter than your original skin tone. For contouring (receding in) you can use bronzer, a darker foundation, or even an eye shadow that is close to your natural shading.  Here is a good chart for those with round faces for applying on highlighting and contouring. Here, you may want to recede the sides of your cheeks and temples of the forehead, whereas you highlight the very middle of your nose and top of your cheeks.

Don't worry about applying makeup like a pro the very first time. If you ever feel like roaming around YouTube - good examples of makeup artists demoing makeup and showing you different looks - I'd suggest looking up nikkietutorials or even Michelle Phan.

Quoting notdown4games: It varies. On normal days,just jeans and a v neck or collared shirt. Usually black, navy blues, or gray. I have a few dressy casual shirts in various jewel tones (red, blue, amber) but my foray into color has been slow. I really don't know what colors to wear with my skin tone. As for how much time I'm willing to spend in the morning,if I can look at myself and not want to cry from disappointment or boredom over looking the same.........I'll MAKE as much time as I need to achieve that. Once the kids are getting dressed for school and eating I have 30-60 minutes uninterrupted every morning. Would that suffice?
Quoting RockinMama12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN