Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

(High Heels) Why DO Some Women Like These?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I wear heels daily. Sensible ones (2 to 3 inch heel), but nevertheless daily. If I'm out of the house, unless I have a specific need to wear flats, sandals, or tennis shoes, then I'm in heels. And, one or two evenings a month, I'll wear "really" high heels (5 to 6 inch heel).

It's very possible to wear heels that are comfortable, albeit it takes a bit of practice at first. I truly consider wearing heels to be part of being feminine, and I don't look favorably on women who absolutely refuse to wear heels (even on a special occasion basis), unless they are pregnant, or they have a medical reason not to.

So why do I like wearing heels?

High Heels add to my height. I like being taller for many reasons.

High Heels draw attention. Men love women in heels, and a nice pair of heels can also draw compliments from other women. Heels are also an excellent way to add a focal point to an outfit.

High heels are great confidence builders. A women wearing heels looks more assertive, which makes her feel better about her appearance.

High heels accentuate her legs. Wearing high heels changes the woman’s posture, and makes her legs look longer, leaner, and sexier. They can also tone a woman’s leg muscles, and improve the entire look of her body by improving how she carries herself when she stands and walks.

High heels make me look thinner. This is because I stand taller when wearing them.

High heels enhances my entire body's posture and poise. Heels force the back to arch, pushing the breasts forward and the buttocks rearward, which accentuates my form.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM

I agree and only wear heels out to dinner(my dinner Shoes) or to a wedding they hurt my back.

peggytoo
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Amen.  Most I will do is 4" otherwise I'm in the 2.5-3.5 range on heels.  Wear them to my 9-5, special occaison, dates with my bf, so that I can look him eye-2-eye when we are dancing or doing other social stuff.  He will at times request me to wear my 4" heels.  He says likes to see me move when I wearing heels.

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Love heels
vic270
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I like all the reasons you mentioned, I have all size heels and especially like the 3 or 4 inch. I don't feel as if I am completly dressed unless my shoes compliment my out fit. Even when I wear jeans I like my heels.

Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I have never liked heels. I do not wear them especially now that I wear a leg brace.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN