Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

growing nails question

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
I use to have acrylic Nails on my nails but I was tired of them so I took them off and now my real nails are weak and really short I've always tried growing them but never can they always pill and break I am wanting to try to grow them again I will never put on acrylic again I am taking some hair skin and nail vitamins but what else could I use to make my nails grow and to be strong I have some Hardener polish by beauty secrets and some mega growth by la colors as well as la colors strengthener but I'm not sure if it is really working so is there anything else I can do
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suesues
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

I did the same it just takes a long time for them to regrow but I noticed that the last few months i changed my diet i eat healthy 5 small meals a day and my nails are growing very fast.  I also had gel manicure which i love but worry about the lights off they came too

pixiemg1
by Amy on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Vitamins will help. For your weak nails I would get either Nail Magic hardener or Salon Science Instant Artificials. Both are great strengtheners & can be picked up at Sally Beauty Supply. It will take some time but you will have nice strong healthy nails.
crissy1200
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:28 AM
Thank you for your advice

Quoting suesues:

I did the same it just takes a long time for them to regrow but I noticed that the last few months i changed my diet i eat healthy 5 small meals a day and my nails are growing very fast.  I also had gel manicure which i love but worry about the lights off they came too

crissy1200
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you I'll have to look at my local Sallys for those products and keep taking my vitamins

Quoting pixiemg1: Vitamins will help. For your weak nails I would get either Nail Magic hardener or Salon Science Instant Artificials. Both are great strengtheners & can be picked up at Sally Beauty Supply. It will take some time but you will have nice strong healthy nails.
peggytoo
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Quoting pixiemg1: Vitamins will help. For your weak nails I would get either Nail Magic hardener or Salon Science Instant Artificials. Both are great strengtheners & can be picked up at Sally Beauty Supply. It will take some time but you will have nice strong healthy nails.

Amen.  After my acrylics, had the same problem.  Started using nail magic from sally's and still do.  It made a difference in my nails.  It took my nails  about a year+ to get  back to normal. 

crissy1200
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going to have to get some of that stuff thank you

Quoting peggytoo:

Amen.  After my acrylics, had the same problem.  Started using nail magic from sally's and still do.  It made a difference in my nails.  It took my nails  about a year+ to get  back to normal. 

CoachyMom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I use quimica alemana hardener. It is from columbia and I got it on amazon. I put it on weekly when I change my nail polish. It makes my nails super hard and they grow faster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)