Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice & Tips

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

Share your advice and tips on how to make your black friday a great shopping experience! 

here are mine!

take ads with you!

circle everything that you want

or better yet, make a list with the name of the store and the items you want. last year i was going to get Toy Story 3 on somewhere else, but found it at one of my walmarts for $10!! 

bring little snacks with you like peanut butter crackers, gum, ect.... that will help with an energy boost

while waiting in line, its a bad idea to drink tons of water!! you dont want to be waiting in line to check out and all of a sudden have to go to the bathroom lol! i take a water bottle with me but do little drinks here and there. then i make sure to go to the bathroom before i hit the next store lol!

shopping buddies are awesome!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
starbeck96
by Group Admin on Aug. 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM

You gave some great advice.  I definitely agree with you about not drinking too much water..lol.

I also always take a list and the ad if possible.  My friend and I usually go together so we split up and help get each other's stuff.

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM

My tip would be.....Don't carry extra credit cards, atm cards etc that aren't needed.  I had mine stolen on BF one year and $900 was taken from my bank account =(

luvbeinamommy68
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

My tip would be.....Don't carry extra credit cards, atm cards etc that aren't needed.  I had mine stolen on BF one year and $900 was taken from my bank account =(

awe man!! im sorry!! that sucks! what a way to ruin a fun day!! :( 

BTW~ great tip!

SMLemos
by Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Make a list of items you want to get from each store and include the ad page number you found the item just incase you need to refer back to the ad for questions or clarification later.  

One thing I discovered in our Walmart, was that since the store was open 24 hours I always go early to see where everything is located that I need to make the plan on where to start and the path from there on out.  They do not allow you to grab items from the sale sections until the sale starts.  BUT I found that common items that they carry on a regular basis are still on there regular shelves, so last year the LeapFrog games that were on sale were still on the shelves in back by the toys, the Crayola Maker was still on the shelves by the school supplies. So I didn't have to struggle to grab those items from the sale pallets.

When parking park outwards so you can drive out of the parking spot which is quicker than backing out.

Snacks are a must try not to drink anything that will make you crash, I aways stick with water.  

Try to check out in the garden sections if possible, the lines are normally shorter, quicker and sometimes they have pallets of sales items hidden in that area also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)