Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazing Video's about unschooling.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 623 Total Views

I really thought that this video summed things up nicely....

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybean6
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:37 PM

jellybean6
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM

jellybean6
by Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I just thought these guys look like alot of fun!!!

boopers29
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM

this is wonderful!  Thank You

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Interesting the number of times the dude says 'it's my job to put what I think should be in the curriculum in her path'...

I never did that. I trusted that my kids would learn --just as I have-- as much as they wanted, from whichever sources they discovered. I never understood any comment about 'I'm interested in X' to mean 'I want more than I can find on my own' and to me, it seemed that my kids were perfectly capable of finding the richer and broader edges of the things they were interested in, without me cluttering up their path with my idea of 'valuable' resources.

Not the least because I really, really hate other people's choices of 'what I should read,' on any given topic --they don't understand which part of it I find interesting, what I've already seen and discarded, they seek to alter my developing viewpoint...

I love the woman who said she 'started with the rules' --no tv, no sugar... that's so common!

I also love when 'experts' declare things that they even admit are 'their thoughts' but nevertheless Declare 'can't be done.' Math is a hilarious example: either it is 'real' and 'necessary' --as he says, 'out there in the real world' -- or it isn't. If it is, they'll learn it, and want to learn it for their own reasons. If it isn't, how can it possibly matter if they never, ever do?

I can't 'give my kids the world'... I don't own it, it's not mine to give. It's theirs already, as much as it is mine. I just have to avoid closing them in a room for most of their waking day...

Thanks for sharing this... an interesting piece!

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I don't have time at the moment... but isn't Dayna Martin the woman who does the hilarious pattern doodling in math class?

Have you seen those? Amazing... remind me, and I'll try to find them...

hempmommy87
by Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I've seen all these on YouTube when I first heard about unschooling. I've probably seen all the videos on unschooling that there is. When I get interesting in something, I really throw myself into it lol! 

AntroNet
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I am really enjoying this...thank you!

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6362604/doodling-in-math-snakes-and-ropes

I can't figure out how to imbed it, since it's not a Youtube...

I love her commentary!

TigerofMu
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Thanks for sharing :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)