Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unschooling in Maryland???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 834 Total Views

Hey there!!!

2 questions: Does anybody know of a great unschooling friendly umbrella group in Maryland?

Does anybody know how to deschool an almost 12 year old longtime homeschooler? For that matter, deschooling mom?

Thanks!

Erin

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AnakaAlisyn
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I feel bad that no one has answered your question.  I'm not from Maryland, but I am from a town that has a fantastic home schooling community.  I've never read this book, myself, but I've heard great things.

http://www.amazon.com/Deschooling-Gently-Tammy-Takahashi/dp/0615208770/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340083188&sr=8-2&keywords=deschooling+gently

"Deschooling Gently"

ebranch
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Thanks! Will check it out!

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd suggest, for the 12yo, a complete 'summer break' --followed by no resumption of directed learning in September. 

Mom, on the other hand, should get a massage. Watch some comedies. Have a glass of wine. Get a pedicure. If it gets really bad, lie down on the living room floor and stare at the ceiling until the feeling passes... :D

ebranch
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha Ha Ha!!! Linda, that was really funny!!! I think I might take you up on that!!!

Thanks!

Erin

viridianmama
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I know this question was posted quite a while ago but we just moved to Maryland not too long ago and I've been asking around and this is what I found.

http://www.mpnl.org/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)