Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have some exciting news!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 10 year had just  started taking computer science this year.  It is going so well for him.  He loves it and can't wait to do his homework each week.  His teacher has been so impressed with his Math abilities.  They were figuring out degrees and she was surprised that he always knew the right  degrees to use.  He has an ability to take math he has never come across and just figure it out by thinking mathematically.  I remember giving him protractors to just play with.  He loves playing with Math and always have.  Yesterday she comes to me and tells how well he is doing.  She said he just gets it.  Her words and not mine.  She also wanted to know if he wanted to be a teacher's aide next year.  She said it will be a lot of hard work.  He would be helping students untangle their computer code and other things.  He is very excited at the prospect.  I just wanted to share our good news.  Sometimes I remember worrying if we are doing enough and it is times like these that I know we are doing what is best for our children.  

My youngest son is doing really well as well.  He is turning 9 next month.  He has been taking Chess and really loves it.  He begged me to buy him a chess set for his birthday.  He knows how to maneavor all the pieces now.  He also is looking for ward to teaching me how to play.  I have to admit I have always wanted to learn but the written directions have always confused me.  

Please feel free to share any great things that are happening in your family.  

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-12):
mamavalor
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM

DS learned to play Stratego when he was 4.  He saw his sister play it and decided he wanted to learn too.  It's amazing what kids can do when they are really interested in something.

jen2150
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I grew up playing stratego with my Dad.  It was a great bonding experience for us.  My boys haven't tried it yet but I know my little chess player will love it.  Thanks for sharing.  Siblings are great motivators!  

Quoting mamavalor:

DS learned to play Stratego when he was 4.  He saw his sister play it and decided he wanted to learn too.  It's amazing what kids can do when they are really interested in something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)