Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life is Good unschooling conference

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

My family and I will be attending this conference in Vancouver, Washington this week. I'm very excited, but we've never attended a convention like this. I was wondering if anyone here had and if you had any advice for a newbie convention attendee :)

http://lifeisgoodconference.com/

by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LindaClement
by Group Owner on May. 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I haven't, but I've heard really good things about it. Make sure you bring an address book: you'll be making friends :D

faeriemom1972
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Thanks, I hope so! I'm not a shy person, but I'm not usually good at initiating friendship. I'm always afraid of being presumptuous, lol.

Quoting LindaClement:

I haven't, but I've heard really good things about it. Make sure you bring an address book: you'll be making friends :D

LindaClement
by Group Owner on May. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll find it a very friendly place... with lots of people wanting to stay in touch as the weekend winds down.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Thanks, I hope so! I'm not a shy person, but I'm not usually good at initiating friendship. I'm always afraid of being presumptuous, lol.

Quoting LindaClement:

Saracide
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I've wanted to attend one of these conferences! I hope you have a good time and learn a lot and meet some friends! Wish one of them was closer to me :(

faeriemom1972
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Saracide:

I've wanted to attend one of these conferences! I hope you have a good time and learn a lot and meet some friends! Wish one of them was closer to me :(

I'm excited, but right now I'm wide awake and it's 3am, lol. I've never slept well in hotels for some reason. Wish me luck, at least registration doesn't start until noon!
faeriemom1972
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Well, it was friendly, but very cliquey. It's tough to be a "newbie". I attended a talk every day and got a lot out of it though. We will definitely go back next year :)

Quoting LindaClement:

You'll find it a very friendly place... with lots of people wanting to stay in touch as the weekend winds down.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting LindaClement:

LindaClement
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

That can happen, too... especially with long-established ones. The trick is to find other newbies :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Well, it was friendly, but very cliquey. It's tough to be a "newbie". I attended a talk every day and got a lot out of it though. We will definitely go back next year :)

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN