Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any big summer plans?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

What's on the menu this year?

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ecoseem
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds is all about sports right now, and he's signed up for various things throught the season, and that'll probably be most of it, other than hanging out at the pool. 

songbird2716
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
The kids will join the rest of my family on a road trip to northern Wisconsin the first week of summer.

Divorce should be final next week. Once I start receiving child support I'll sign each kid up for a class/lesson/sport of their choice. Think I'll get either a zoo membership or museum membership as well.

We'll be moving in with our boyfriend later this summer (the kids have taken claim on him and declared that he is not MY boyfriend, but OUR boyfriend).

Over Christmas my ex told the kids he'd be here at some point this summer, but we haven't heard from him since then (he hasn't even shown up for our court dates) so who knows.

I'm searching for a new job. Tell ya what, I am a huge supporter of local businesses, but it sucks working for one. My owner can hardly keep her shit together. There's no rhyme or reason to her policies. They change on a whip. It's frustrating trying to keep up and just plain unfair to our customers. On top of that she can't seem to calculate my hours properly. So...on to something new. Blah.
songbird2716
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My whole response sounded very pessimistic. Lol. For the record, we're in a really good place right now and I'm excited to see what is in store for our family. There will be some transitions and changes coming, but I'm super excited about it all!
faeriemom1972
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We do a lot of playing by ear. I'm hoping to do a day at mount Rainier, but the last time I asked my pulmonologist she was not thrilled by the idea, lol. I'm going to ask her partner his opinion on the subject, I really miss that mountain! A trip to the ocean is definitely in our future, maybe next month, definitely August. I'm thinking La Push.

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Sounds like the overview is 'a great many complications' :D

We're buying a museum membership for our anniversary... love the museum!

Quoting songbird2716:

The kids will join the rest of my family on a road trip to northern Wisconsin the first week of summer.

Divorce should be final next week. Once I start receiving child support I'll sign each kid up for a class/lesson/sport of their choice. Think I'll get either a zoo membership or museum membership as well.

We'll be moving in with our boyfriend later this summer (the kids have taken claim on him and declared that he is not MY boyfriend, but OUR boyfriend).

Over Christmas my ex told the kids he'd be here at some point this summer, but we haven't heard from him since then (he hasn't even shown up for our court dates) so who knows.

I'm searching for a new job. Tell ya what, I am a huge supporter of local businesses, but it sucks working for one. My owner can hardly keep her shit together. There's no rhyme or reason to her policies. They change on a whip. It's frustrating trying to keep up and just plain unfair to our customers. On top of that she can't seem to calculate my hours properly. So...on to something new. Blah.

faeriemom1972
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I love museums! I'm trying to decide whether or not to renew our membership to the Burke museum at the University of Washington. I love it, but it's kind of hard to get there. Last year we had a membership to almost everywhere, lol, but now that they are expiring I'm starting to rethink some of them.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting songbird2716:

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

We have one really good museum that costs money, the rest are by donation --and not nearly as good so we don't want to go as often...

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I love museums! I'm trying to decide whether or not to renew our membership to the Burke museum at the University of Washington. I love it, but it's kind of hard to get there. Last year we had a membership to almost everywhere, lol, but now that they are expiring I'm starting to rethink some of them.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting songbird2716:

faeriemom1972
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Lol, I know what you mean. I take full advantage of living near Seattle, but I guess traffic is going to be more of a nightmare for a while so we are thinking that we may not visit downtown as often as usual. We live about 40 miles north of Seattle, and on a good day traffic is pretty awful :/

Quoting LindaClement:

We have one really good museum that costs money, the rest are by donation --and not nearly as good so we don't want to go as often...

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting songbird2716:

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I've been caught up in Seattle traffic a few times... not fun! I've been stuck in Vancouver traffic a few times, too.

I like Victoria traffic better :D

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Lol, I know what you mean. I take full advantage of living near Seattle, but I guess traffic is going to be more of a nightmare for a while so we are thinking that we may not visit downtown as often as usual. We live about 40 miles north of Seattle, and on a good day traffic is pretty awful :/

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting songbird2716:

jen2150
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The Sunday after the 4th I am driving up to MI from VA and taking the train out west all the way to MT.  I can't wait.  We are planning on doing botany this summer so it will be awesome.    I was thinking of getting some books on the states we are going through. Also I like the idea of seeing more of the country side and I won't have to drive.   I will probably stay in MT for about a month and it will be so neat to learn some botany this summer from a different state.  I am looking forward to a cooler summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)