Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the last thing you learned?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

Yesterday, I found out that the moon's gravity is uneven: stronger in some places than others... 

What have you found out lately?

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama-ellie
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I was just reading about the tornado that ripped through Edmonton, Alberta in 1987. It's known as one of Canada's worst natural disasters. It tore up 40 km and in some spots was up to 1 km wide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I remember that happening.

There was another (tornados in general are really rare, here) in Hamilton, ON, which ripped the roof off a school building less than a block from my mother-in-law's house... more recently, but I don't remember when.

Quoting mama-ellie:

I was just reading about the tornado that ripped through Edmonton, Alberta in 1987. It's known as one of Canada's worst natural disasters. It tore up 40 km and in some spots was up to 1 km wide.

jen2150
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Sparring with a yellow belt is more painful than sparring with a black belt. People new to sparring don't have very good control. I got punched in the neck and in the arm. I think I have a bruise on my arm. It brings back memories of when I was newbie. Not sure how that compares with a deeper understanding of how the universe works.
Mommyfish831
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I learned that Benjamin Franklin was unschooled.  He only recieved a few years of formal schooling, after that he learned everything from reading booking and apprenticeships.  It was one of the HSLDA podcasts on iTunes (it didn't specifically say he was unschooled)

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out a while ago that he owned and operated a brewery, to pay for his printing business --which he started when he was 12. The brewery, that is.

Quoting Mommyfish831:

I learned that Benjamin Franklin was unschooled.  He only recieved a few years of formal schooling, after that he learned everything from reading booking and apprenticeships.  It was one of the HSLDA podcasts on iTunes (it didn't specifically say he was unschooled)

songbird2716
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I learned a much easier, less time consuming way to stitch fabric flowers for sewing & craft projects.
LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, that's the kind of learning you can really use!

Quoting songbird2716:

I learned a much easier, less time consuming way to stitch fabric flowers for sewing & craft projects.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)