Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, what's been happening?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

We are having a warm quiet summer in Washington state. So far we've been up to Mt. Rainier, spent a day at the ocean and gotten to know the birds in our back yard. We are not big vacation people, lol, we like a good day trip and maybe a night or two away but that's about it. 

So, what's everyone been up to?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Ball season is winding down, I've only had a couple of games over the past week or so... dh has been off this week and we spent a few days with friends on one of the small islands.

The weather has been beautiful, unrelentingly, for weeks and weeks now... getting rather spoiled and enjoying it enormously!

faeriemom1972
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Us too for the weather! You're just above us I think, we live on the Tulalip reservation about an hour south of Bellingham, Wa.

My husband is taking a rare weekend off so I'm trying to think of something fun to do. I keep meaning to get passports so we can do Canada trips but I'm such a procrastinator :/

Quoting LindaClement:

Ball season is winding down, I've only had a couple of games over the past week or so... dh has been off this week and we spent a few days with friends on one of the small islands.

The weather has been beautiful, unrelentingly, for weeks and weeks now... getting rather spoiled and enjoying it enormously!

Ecoseem
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We just got back from a camping trip where ds got to try out some recumbant bikes, which he LOVED.  While the little man's at his dad's house this month, I'm going to go backwoods camping in my hammock (ds doesn't like being in the woods without a group) and just generally have a good time.

faeriemom1972
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM

How fun! I have always wanted to try out a recumbent bike. They look so comfy, lol.

Quoting Ecoseem:

We just got back from a camping trip where ds got to try out some recumbant bikes, which he LOVED.  While the little man's at his dad's house this month, I'm going to go backwoods camping in my hammock (ds doesn't like being in the woods without a group) and just generally have a good time.

Ecoseem
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids adjust to them quickly, but for us grown ups used to regular bikes it's a bit more difficult to get down the proper handling, but they are so much more "chill" than regular bikes!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

How fun! I have always wanted to try out a recumbent bike. They look so comfy, lol.

Quoting Ecoseem:

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We see them pretty often around here: what they look like to me is neck strain. :D

Quoting Ecoseem:

Kids adjust to them quickly, but for us grown ups used to regular bikes it's a bit more difficult to get down the proper handling, but they are so much more "chill" than regular bikes!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting Ecoseem:

Ecoseem
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

This past week, ds finally started in soccer, and his energy has gone up so much that he's just a blur running past me now. 

He also went rappeling with some friends, and he did great!

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I LOVED rapelling in high school. I can't climb (don't have nearly strong enough grip for my bodyweight...)

I'd so do this:

http://www.skywalk.co.nz/

the jump one :D

Quoting Ecoseem:

This past week, ds finally started in soccer, and his energy has gone up so much that he's just a blur running past me now. 

He also went rappeling with some friends, and he did great!

jen2150
by Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Way too much.  I have been staying in MT with a friend of mine since June 10th.  We are heading home on the train on  Aug. 19th.  I can't wait to get back home.  My friend has 5 kids so being part of a big family for a little while has been a very new experience.  My friend works as a nurse full time so we have been joking around with each other and calling each other sister wife.  Luckily her husband has a good sense of humor.  We haven't seen each other in 5 years and it is like we are in college again after all these years.  We were able to see glacier park last week and had a wonderful time. 

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This last weekend was nuts --no ball, but a bbq (dh's boss), a wedding, a family movie night, a baseball game, a walk around town... tonight we're out for dinner with friends after I help a late friend's daughter sort out her mom's stuff...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)