Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RAWR!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 201 Total Views
Trying to explain to my ex's mother in the nicest way possible that IT DOESN'T MATTER what her opinion is on my kids' education. She gets no say! She cannot have them evaluated. Plain and simple. Furthermore, my daughter's insecurities with reading (she CAN, and does, but insists that she can't and is afraid to try) stem from her abandonment issues their darling son's disappearance from their lives has caused. Gah!!!!
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
faeriemom1972
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

She wants to have them evaluated?!?! That really ticks me off. I don't understand why people cant look at the WHOLE child. It's ridiculous that people still put children into the "what they should be doing at this age" mold.

Even if you daughter couldn't read, that's ok. My son still has no interest in reading, and he's 7. He's not struggling, because I don't push it. He's good at what he's good and and that all that matters right now. 

I'm really sorry you're dealing with this, I hate family stress :/

songbird2716
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
It was exceptionally hard for me to not point out the fact that her youngest daughter (whom she used as an example as to why my daughter should have been reading chapter books by the end of first grade) nearly didn't graduate high school because even at 18 she still struggles with basic math.
faeriemom1972
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Gah! Good for you for taking the high road and not saying anything though. People have a very hard time with kids not reading "at the right time". As though there's something wrong with the child. Heaven forbid they look at what the child IS accomplishing! I actually don't tell people that my son isn't really reading yet. People like that have their opinions and they hold on to them as though their lives depended on it :/

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree with critics --it really puts them off their stroke. They don't know what to do with it, and it's hilarious :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)