Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dressing themselves

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 184 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Ds dresses himself everyday.  Sometimes I make suggestions, but that's about it.  Do your kids dress themselves?  How do people react to it when they're clothes are obviously mismatched? 

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dedicatedrider
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids are rarely in more than just a pair of shorts at home. When we go out I tend to pull clothes out for them but have let then completely dress themselves on occasion. I've never had anyone comment, but if they did I'd probably say something along the lines of "They dressed themselves! Isn't that WONDERFUL?!?!"
irvinehiker
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids choose their outfits. At home or around the neighborhood they are fine to wear anything. If we are going some place like church, I will give them a choice between 2 outfits. Or I may pick out a neutral pair of pants and the shirt is up to them. My DD is fine and good with outfit coordination. My DS not so much. Stripes and stripes match, any which way theyre going LOL! Whatever....... for the most part I dont care.
LindaClement
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

My kids dressed themselves from very young... yes, they wore weird clothing.

Lots of people had reactions, but mostly I pointed out since it wasn't my body, it wasn't my choice, which lots of people found very startling when it was about a 2yo...

faeriemom1972
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM

My son is 7 and he still doesn't have a huge opinion about clothes for the most part. He just likes cool t-shirts and plain sweat pants. It's hard to mismatch t-shirts and sweats :)

It's the hair that's been the real issue.....

Mommyfish831
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha my son loves sweat pant or any type of comfy pant... But then he loves his collard shirts, some button all the way down and some just have 3 bottoms at the top.  He has a couple t-shirts that he loves but mostly he wears the collard shirts and comfy pants.  Sometimes he will get on a kick and he wears his snow boots because the ones he has now are black and red and he says he's iron man.

This is my youngest, she normally wears pajamas all the time because she feels they are good for all day (I do too :) ). I think she's cute when she dresses herself.  (This we may/June so not cold at all, but not too hot either)

And her ballerina outfit is worn a lot too.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

My son is 7 and he still doesn't have a huge opinion about clothes for the most part. He just likes cool t-shirts and plain sweat pants. It's hard to mismatch t-shirts and sweats :)

It's the hair that's been the real issue.....

jen2150
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they do. sometimes I will point out something doesn't match. They also tell me that they know but they like it. I figure it they are comfortable and happy then I am happy.
Anna92464
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM

My little guy is 12 now, and the girls are grownups in their 20's.....They always dressed themselves, sometimes going through a lot of clothes throughout the day....My JP was little, he liked to wear ties and sweater vests (had trouble finding them), and anything bright and shiny....My oldest daughter liked bright and shiny, too.  My middle daughter would throw on what ever was at the top of her drawereven if raggedy....Sometimes she'd outgrow the new stuff without ever wearing it just because it remained at the bottom as she put the stuff out of the laundry on top.....She also liked sundresses and hats for a couple of  years...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)