Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 years old help

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 125 Total Views
I tried sending my son to traditional preschool. On the first day he was so stressed and scared he led himself twice. ... he's not potty trained all the way. But still two times in 45 minutes I couldn't do it I couldn't leave him out didn't feel right so i didn't. I want my son to learn about concepts that are important to life and our family. ..ex what food does for your body so he knows the difference between nourishment and junk. I want him to exercise and be outside often. ... wake up when his body is ready too... learn why the sky is blue, animals and nature. Also about God so all this meeting said and excuse my grammer I'm in the textng site and swipeing. Any advice where to begin? ??? Concepts, adventures, discoveries you suggest for my 3 year old? ?? Ant advice really

I'm jamee btw
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
twyliatepeka
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Play play & more play :)

Play with him, read to him often & be his example. At 3 the main way he soaks things up is by playing. To teach him about nutrition play kitchen & when you are done fix a healthy snack & let him help as much as he can. Let him be outdoors where he can run & get exercise as well as learn about nature and even God. At 3 it is still all simple the schools make it complicated when it doesn't have to be.

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Trust your instincts: it is not normal for children to separate easily from their parents before about 4 years of age, because they instinctively know that not all adults are on their side.

I expect you've already had a child for a while who has learned stuff in the context of 'normal' life. 

I would suggest you simply continue to do so.

Read some Alfie Kohn in the meantime. Maybe some John Holt, too.

John Taylor Gatto if you want to get angry... Matt Hern, maybe...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)