Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learning ALL the time?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
We are an unschooling family, have been for years. But as soon as DD hit "school age" a couple years ago I had this nagging feeling that even if we don't FORCE her to do work or learn things she doesn't want to use or in ways she doesn't want to, she still needs to be productive ALL the time-well when she is awake anyway. I know kids need time for boredom. But part of me is just always trying to find an educational piece in everything she does. And if I can't find it-then it bothers me. I just keep thinking one of the reasons we unschool is because everything is educational and there is no need to make kids learn, but...anyway, Moms, what I am asking here, because I'm sure all of us go through this, what makes you feel better when you start stressing?
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mamavalor
by on Nov. 20, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I step back and take a breather, to enjoy the moment with the fact that we are comfortable, pain-free, and free to do whatever we want.  I know my kids may appear to be bored lying around the couch but actually they are thinking and planning in their heads.  Reflecting is also learning.

LindaClement
by Group Owner on Dec. 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Great advice!

Quoting mamavalor:

I step back and take a breather, to enjoy the moment with the fact that we are comfortable, pain-free, and free to do whatever we want.  I know my kids may appear to be bored lying around the couch but actually they are thinking and planning in their heads.  Reflecting is also learning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)