Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

What was?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

What was the last thing you did to help out someone else?

It can be anything that would make someones day better or easier (hold the door for a stranger, give up your seat, feed the homeless, etc)

by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillg24
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Last thing I did was hand the toll booth operator a $10 & told him to use it on the cars behind me till it was gone...my portion was $2.50. It wasn't anything big but I hope it made some people smile.

lovinangels
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I like to buy coffee for the person behind me in line at the coffee counter.

jillg24
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM

If I drank coffee that would be a nice thing to do for someone.

Quoting lovinangels:

I like to buy coffee for the person behind me in line at the coffee counter.

dwmom2008
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM

One day last week in Walgreens, a woman knocked down a whole bunch of stuff from the top shelf, and she was too short to get it back up there, so I put it up there for her. It was no big deal.

I always try to go out of my way to be polite in public if I can, I think it makes a big difference in everyone's day!

jessistarr85
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I swept MIL's kicthen floor. We went over for the day, and Johnathan threw some of his mac and cheese on the floor, so I cleaned that up, and just swept the rest of the floor while I was at it.

We stoped to help someone on the side of th road about a week ago. He had allready called a tow truck. While he was drivng ALL the lugnuts on his tires came off. Luckily he was able to control it and get it safely off the road. We offeren him a tea since it was so hot out and no shade.  About 2 weeks before that we had a tire blow out, and no one stopped to help, it was really scarry, and even though we have stoped to help others in the past, there is no way I want any one to have to go through what we did.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Uh... making dh dinner doesn't count, does it?

Helping make a young mom feel competent and capable... I think that was the most recent thing.

jillg24
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I have gotten yelled at by friends for pulling over & helping people on the road

Quoting jessistarr85:

I swept MIL's kicthen floor. We went over for the day, and Johnathan threw some of his mac and cheese on the floor, so I cleaned that up, and just swept the rest of the floor while I was at it.

We stoped to help someone on the side of th road about a week ago. He had allready called a tow truck. While he was drivng ALL the lugnuts on his tires came off. Luckily he was able to control it and get it safely off the road. We offeren him a tea since it was so hot out and no shade.  About 2 weeks before that we had a tire blow out, and no one stopped to help, it was really scarry, and even though we have stoped to help others in the past, there is no way I want any one to have to go through what we did.

acrogodess
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I invited my S/O's female bestie and her son to come stay with us while they get settled. She's bouncing around from place to place and can't find a job in NYC so I told him to tell her to come here where as long as she's looking there ARE jobs and rent is so much cheaper than NYC. Plus like our son, her son is special needs and the school system is better up here.

My bestie of 18 years is a guy and lives 2 blocks away from us with his family so no issues with trust here. :)

Hope she and her son can have a welcome change in life for the better. She's super excited about the move.

Audreesmommy757
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM
I let someone use my mvp card at the store not much but it saved them 9 bucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I do that some times...once I was in the line at the store & 2 foreign gentlemen (I live near a military post that has a lot of foreign officers), the cashier asked if they had a rewards card...no they said...I said they could use mine. They were shocked I was so helpful & said thank you over & over again.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

I let someone use my mvp card at the store not much but it saved them 9 bucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)