Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

What is the next thing you're going to do to make a difference?

What are your plans or projects?

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Replies (11-19):
LindaClement
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Nice!

We have a community 5k coming up that I'm thinking of joining in... I totally forgot about that until you mentioned this!

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

im doing a walk oct 23 for the spca and clothing swap at audrees school

jillg24
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I am going to grant a wish or 2 on a web site that I am getting ready to post in this group.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Oh, very cool! Looking forward to seeing what it is!

Quoting jillg24:

I am going to grant a wish or 2 on a web site that I am getting ready to post in this group.

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Sep. 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Today I got in touch with a free clothing place and arranged for my neighbor to get clothes for her children and warm jackets for winter. My next step getting her to a few of the food box places and find a way to get her drivers license. even though I am hurting I am paying forward with my knowledge and giving info with resources in our community that few know about! I feel as if I am making a difference just by the smiles I receive in return.

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Sep. 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Awesome!

Quoting jillg24:

kellysp6637
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I was just going to post a question like this....

Hmmmmmm....the next thing I plan on doing to make a difference???  I plan to help out at my dd's school playground again and continue to help fund raise so our committee can purchase the playground for our students to play on......This will make a HUGE difference to the hundreds of children that attend my dd's elementary school and give the community a safe fun place to play!

kellysp6637
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM

That's so awesome....GREAT idea...think I'll go over to that site and see what I can do :)

Quoting jillg24:

dwmom2008
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Right now I am selling popcorn for Boy Scouts. And we have a Bowl A Thon coming up as a Pack fundraiser.

Cleaning out two closets at home this weekend, going to have a huge load of stuff on Monday for Goodwill to pick up!

We just finished our first fundraiser at son's school, we cleared 4K selling Yankee Candles, and then we are throwing the Fall Festival with that money, so our rural kids can have some fun on Halloween, money left over goes to school supplies. Next week I am also helping our school nurse organize the clothes closet, we have to get it ready well before our cold weather gets here. Just arranging clothes by size, gender, etc. Also have to take some stuff home to repair and clean.

The one thing that I am very excited about is what I am going to start making for Christmas presents. I haven't decided yet. Last year I made some flavored vodkas and olive oils. Super easy.

dwmom2008
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Can't wait to see it!

Quoting jillg24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)