Cookies for Kids' Cancer
YOU can help make a difference with COOKIES!
September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month and the perfect time to become a Good Cookie! Macaroni Kid Publishers around the country are joining forces to spread the word and raise money for Cookies for Kids' Cancer and we would love your help!
Easy ways to help and earn the title of Good Cookie:
1. Purchase a limited edition "Good Cookie" Spatula from OXO. Each purchase helps fund OXO’s support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
2. Bake some cookies and "Host a Bake Sale". A Cookies for Kids' Cancer bake sale is a sweet and simple way for people everywhere to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer. Large or small, as an individual or with a school, church, or business, your bake sale will raise funds for new and less harmful treatments for pediatric cancer.
3. No time for a Bake Sale? You can purchase made-to-order cookies from the Cookies for Kids' Cancer website. Buy them for yourself, as a gift or just because! Everyone loves cookies!
4. Rather not bake or eat cookies? Send a Virtual Cookie to help spread the word. To sweeten the deal, OXO will make a donation for the first 10,000 virtual cookies sent each week. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/oxo.
About Cookies for Kids’ Cancer:
Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was founded by parents inspired by their son’s fight against cancer. Today pediatric cancer remains the number one disease killer of children in the United States, due in large part to a lack of funding for research into new and improved therapies. Through the concept of local bake sales and online cookie sales, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer inspires individuals, organizations, and businesses to join in the fight against pediatric cancer by raising the funds and awareness necessary to change the facts of pediatric cancer and provide more families with the hope they deserve. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer grants funds raised to leading pediatric cancer research facilities including Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia,Texas Children’s Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Center. For more information, visit www.cookiesforkidscancer.org. Follow on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/cookiesforkidscancer and Twitter www.twitter.com/cookies4kids.
Here is a great recipe from OXO's Recipe Book to get you started!
Melissa's Magic bars
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can Condensed Milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish).
2. Melt butter a 9 x13 baking pan (line with non stick aluminum foil for easy clean up). Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and press down to create crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts. Press down firmly with hands
3. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.