Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Let's be aware... National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

The Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation (CRPF) and its 57 collaborating partners kick-off the annual National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month (NCRCAM) campaign this month. The campaign educates Americans about colorectal cancer (CRC), one of the most preventable cancers. Regular screenings can actually prevent the disease and diagnose it in its early, more easily treated stages.

Read more about... National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I have a colonoscopy every 3-5 years.I have IBS and polyps.I havent had one in about 5 years.I hate having them.

gacgbaker
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Quoting momofsixangels:

I have a colonoscopy every 3-5 years.I have IBS and polyps.I havent had one in about 5 years.I hate having them.

They are not fun, that's for sure- but really important and I'm glad to hear you keep up on your health.

kerryket
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

janessa27
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Thanks!

taniamorse85
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM

My grandmother was diagnosed with it after a routine colonoscopy.   It was caught at stage 1, and she just had to have it cut out.  She didn't need chemo, radiation, or other treatment.  With my family history of the disease, I have made myself aware of the signs and symptoms, and I will be getting screened when my doctor advises me to do so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)