Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

This is Foster Care Month

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have you ever been a foster parent? I know one of our members in the group is going to become one.I think its wonderful!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janessa27
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

We haven't but have discussed it a few times. My old boss was one and he adopted 4 of the kids. It was so sad sometimes though- him and his wife were making a HUGE difference in these kids lives that they would get for an hour, a day, weeks, etc. It would just break my heart and I think I would want to keep all of them:(

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Quoting janessa27:

We haven't but have discussed it a few times. My old boss was one and he adopted 4 of the kids. It was so sad sometimes though- him and his wife were making a HUGE difference in these kids lives that they would get for an hour, a day, weeks, etc. It would just break my heart and I think I would want to keep all of them:(

How great of them! I would want to adopt them all too.

gmadiane
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I never have been, and its kind of funny because after raising mine I always thought that I might foster it just did not turn out that way but god bless all of the wonderful forster parents

PEEK05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

No I haven't.

acrogodess
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I have not. I will some day.

SisterPeach
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I will, once my kids are grown. My parents took in foster kids, and many of them were abusive to us. I'm going to wait until my kids are out of the house.

momofsixangels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

My Moms parents did fostering and adopted a girl.

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Maybe when my kids are out of the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jassysmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
My mom used to foster newborns I miss it
kerryket
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I know people who do it, some have taken kids with serious medical problems.  I would like to, I don't think I have what it takes though and I would not want to have to give up on a child who needs more than I can give.  

Maybe if we can address some of my health problems...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)