Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

May is National Asthma and Allergy Month

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM
  • 9 Replies

My dh and my dd Hannah suffer from both.Last year was a hard year for Hannah.Her asthma was pretty bad.My dh has been hospitalized before due to bad asthma attack.Its pretty scary for them.Hannah has an inhaler she keeps at school.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
janessa27
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Sorry they have such bad asthma- they would be scary:( DH has awful allergies.....and both our boys inherited that from him. They are always sniffing, coughing, runny eyes/noses, and sneezing. I don't think we have turned our air off since the middle of March. I would love to raise the windows and get some fresh air but I don't want the 3 of them to suffer.

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Hannah is also overweight and has mitral prolapsed heart valve.The steroids have really caused her to gain weight.We are trying to help her lose weight.Having the extra weight makes her asthma worse.

Audreesmommy757
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM

i suffer from both....i was hospitalized 3 times during both pregnancies

acrogodess
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Alexander has never quite had an asthma attack, but has restricted airways when he is active. He takes the pump before gym class so that his airways stay open and he can participate without feeling short of breath. His allergies are pretty bad this year.

gmadiane
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I really feel for people who suffer with asthma

kerryket
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

My mom has it pretty bad, and my boys do too, one worse than the other who really is pretty much asymptomatic as of late.

I have not had an asthma attack since I was a teen, but have lots of allergies.

StephanAndCoral
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM

my cousin had issues when she was a child I don't know if they labeled it as asthma but I remember when she would get so bad she needed a breathing machine it was scary. there was someone in my high school who has severe asthma and she ran track, did dance and competitions. now she travels around the world as a professional dancer for a band.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM
o wow scary.
SisterPeach
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I have both. IT sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)