Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

They Sold Out of My Wedding Dress

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

Before I could get to the bank to deposit the money to buy it =(

I am seriously bummed, its the only one I really liked that was well within my budget. It doesn't come in my size anymore and the next size available is 3 sizes up! That's a lot of alterations to pay for.

I am so sad now!!!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doll0302
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
So sorry. Look online. You may be able to find it there. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

It was online. The stores in my state didn't have it. The wedding is in another state so I may check where we're having it and see if my in laws can ship it.

Quoting doll0302:

So sorry. Look online. You may be able to find it there. Good luck!

sissy852
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i am so sorry :( hugs

odanobne
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You might be surprised about the sizing. My family has a bridal shop, and we frequently see girls come in whose true size is very different from their wedding dress size. What's your budget? And what was the company?

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

David's Bridal, and according to their size chart I'm a 4. The next available size is an 8. After alterations I may as well have bought a new dress altogether lol.

Edit: I only have about $200 to spend total, including alterations and hopefully a veil and shoes. This particular dress was on sale for $99.

Quoting odanobne:

You might be surprised about the sizing. My family has a bridal shop, and we frequently see girls come in whose true size is very different from their wedding dress size. What's your budget? And what was the company?

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Quoting sissy852:

Ya know what's funny? We're not even engaged yet!! But he has the ring, we've talked about getting married this summer and the last time a dress when on sale that I loved he said I should have gotten it. Sigh.

odanobne
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Have you looked at local bridal boutiques at all? David's borrows a lot of designs from other companies. You could probably get something very similar for not that big of a price difference...

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

David's Bridal, and according to their size chart I'm a 4. The next available size is an 8. After alterations I may as well have bought a new dress altogether lol.

Quoting odanobne:

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I have and its a huge price difference. I just edited my last comment, the dress is on sale for $99.

Quoting odanobne:

Have you looked at local bridal boutiques at all? David's borrows a lot of designs from other companies. You could probably get something very similar for not that big of a price difference...

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting odanobne:

sissy852
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

you will find something that exceeds your expectations.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting sissy852:

Ya know what's funny? We're not even engaged yet!! But he has the ring, we've talked about getting married this summer and the last time a dress when on sale that I loved he said I should have gotten it. Sigh.

janessa27
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I am sorry.....maybe if u can find it online somewhere. There was a website I used to look at - I think it was bravobride.com? They had a lot of dresses that were never worn and I think you can even put what you are searching for on there. Can Davids Bridal not get it from another one of their stores? They had to do that for my sister last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)