Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

They Sold Out of My Wedding Dress

Posted by   + Show Post

Before I could get to the bank to deposit the money to buy it =(

I am seriously bummed, its the only one I really liked that was well within my budget. It doesn't come in my size anymore and the next size available is 3 sizes up! That's a lot of alterations to pay for.

I am so sad now!!!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I've read about some local dress renting places but they want $150 or more and I want a dress for closer to $100. For that much I could buy one!

Quoting SisterPeach:

There are usually some good upscale ones around on google. Also, there's a new site that does a borrowing service for designer gowns. I'm trying to remember what it's called. 

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I never have any luck at consignment/thrift shops. I think its cause I live in the city? Idk but everything is always covered in dust or stained beyond repair or really outdated

Quoting SisterPeach:

Why don't you check at the local thrift/consignment shops? You may just find exactly what you are looking for. You can also let the owners know what you are looking for, they may just call you if one turns up :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SisterPeach
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM

also, this lady has some really pretty ones in your price range:

http://www.jenjenhouse.com/wedding-dresses-c2/?gclid=CPGf4Iyp7a8CFUSK4Aodknly3g

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Thank you! I have seen that site and others like it. How do I know that they are legit? I know I don't want an Asian based company, I've heard horror stories of misunderstanding measurements and being stuck with it. One number off from the dress style #. That kinda thing. But I've seen some that say they are USA only and idk how to know if they are for reals lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SisterPeach
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I would google (or swagbuck!) heavily for reviews. Keep in mind that even the best shop will have one or two bad reviews, because some people are impossible to please.  A lot of bad reviews would be a red flag.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Thank you! I have seen that site and others like it. How do I know that they are legit? I know I don't want an Asian based company, I've heard horror stories of misunderstanding measurements and being stuck with it. One number off from the dress style #. That kinda thing. But I've seen some that say they are USA only and idk how to know if they are for reals lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Every review is written in bad English, and its all positive which is a red flag lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

I would google (or swagbuck!) heavily for reviews. Keep in mind that even the best shop will have one or two bad reviews, because some people are impossible to please.  A lot of bad reviews would be a red flag.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

SisterPeach
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

LOL...I was just looking at reviews and trying to think of a more politically correct way of saying "Nigerian speak" which is what we call it around here with all the scams we are dealing with trying to find a place to rent what seems like half a world away. We call it that because of all the bank scams that originate in Nigeria...but it sounds awful when you type it out.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Every review is written in bad English, and its all positive which is a red flag lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

SisterPeach
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM
KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM

EPIC!!!!

Quoting SisterPeach:

This one made me laugh:

http://www.resellerratings.com/user/happening

KenzieQsMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Totally get what you mean!! Like those bill collectors from India who are named Tim and Davey....come ON!!! Lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

LOL...I was just looking at reviews and trying to think of a more politically correct way of saying "Nigerian speak" which is what we call it around here with all the scams we are dealing with trying to find a place to rent what seems like half a world away. We call it that because of all the bank scams that originate in Nigeria...but it sounds awful when you type it out.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

LindaClement
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM

We had a Dell tech named 'Xavier'... oh, sure, yeah.

My daughter suggested they have a list they're allowed to pick from!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Totally get what you mean!! Like those bill collectors from India who are named Tim and Davey....come ON!!! Lol

Quoting SisterPeach:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting SisterPeach:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)