Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to help your family’s favorite park get a $100,000 grant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual "America Is Your Park" campaign.

We asked 50 moms to become "ambassadors" for their favorite hometown park and rally their community to vote for their favorite park to become "America's Favorite Park."  CafeMom treated the moms to a $25 American Express gift card to enjoy a fun day at the park with their family.  While they were there, we asked them to vote for their favorite park at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom.  Each time they checked in at their park, via Facebook, they earned 100 extra votes.  We also asked the moms to share their efforts with they family, friends and community.  We've asked them to share their thoughts and experience here with you.

Check out what our moms are saying:

"I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in!" - MomToove

"Our favorite park is Cunningham Falls State Park. We go to this park multiple times a year and it's a huge part of our life. I have already voted for my park multiple times!" - la_bella_vita

"I AM VOTING FOR ROCHE PARK EVERYDAY!!  I feel it should be the choice for the America's Favorite Park." - lifeisajoy

Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! The secret to their success was community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.

Want to help your family's favorite park get a $100,000 grant?  Tell us which park you would vote for and why, then go vote at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemomVoting ends July 15th so hurry.

>< The CafeMom Team

votingslide

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (131-140):
Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Mini rollie cooler! So cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Mommy&daughter! The weather was beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

DD doing what she loves to do EAT! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM

My youngets DS going for the basketball! He an all star! He played football&softball that day too! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Mom&oldest DS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smbcwr04
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM

i have been voting for meadow park, in elkton md. my family and I love to go to the park and have fun. we love picnics and playing. we went to the park yesterday for some family time on the fourth and of course the fireworks display. we had a great time. i have been voting everyday and sharing it on facebook.

Michys
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

We live in a small town called North Platte; so, often our great amenities are overlooked.  But we really do have quite a lovely park here called Cody Park.  Cody Park has an array of attractions including an outdoor swimming pool, kiddie rides and consession stands, several animals, horseshoe pits, tennis courts, softball and baseball fields, picnic areas, three general playgrounds, and a fabulous train display.  The park also has a beautiful gazebo you can rent out for parties and a portable band shell where concerts are held in the summer.  The kiddie ride tickets are only $0.50, where can you get that anymore?  And they have a campsite you can stay at for only $5!  They even hold special events at Cody Park for holidays, one of which is riding a horse drawn carriage around the park!  When you go you must stop and get an icecream at the concession stands.  The small icecream cone is like getting a large and extremely tasty as well!  You get so much bang for your buck in this park and it is amazing to have an opportunity to help improve it.

Flaca43
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I have been voting for Portage Park close to my home everyday! This is our favorite park. We love all the trees and the pathways we can walk along and enjoy the outdoors at. My fiance and I have 4 children and I am pregnant with our last one! I love that this park has much to offer all of us in sports and recreation. We enjoy picnics there and let the kids play in the playground area afterwards. I love that a lot of people are there all the time we go, no matter what time of day it is. Everyone is always so happy and courteous to everyone else, visitors and park district staff.

I am so grateful that Coca Cola and Cafemom gave me this great opportunity to vote for my favorite park. I am having so much fun voting and encouraging my friends and family to vote for it as well. Coca Cola has made it so easy for me to share this opportunity by posting it on Facebook and sending emails to everyone as well. I also am able to sign in when I get to the park and vote from there on my smart phone which is wonderful!

I am kind of sad that I didn't know earlier though, but hopefully they will do this again next year and I can do it all again for a park that deserves the money! I hope many more people vote and take the opportunity to go their favorite park and enjoy it with the summer weather.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM
OK so while we haven't visited the park yet because my parents took the kids for a week unexpectedly. We have used the gift card. We decided since only one of my kids did not have a bike we used it towards her bike.

I have 2 girls, 8 and 7 and 2 boys, one will be 6 in October and the other is almost 5 months. The park near us has some playground equipment but since its metal it's better used in cooler weather. I thought it woud be fun to take the kids and their bikes to the park and let them ride around as I push Jacob in the stroller. And get some snoballs to cool us off. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I've been voting! Hope to boost up the numbers for Washington Park in Albany NY 12203. 

Last year's Tulip Fest!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)