Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Want to help your family’s favorite park get a $100,000 grant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual "America Is Your Park" campaign.

We asked 50 moms to become "ambassadors" for their favorite hometown park and rally their community to vote for their favorite park to become "America's Favorite Park."  CafeMom treated the moms to a $25 American Express gift card to enjoy a fun day at the park with their family.  While they were there, we asked them to vote for their favorite park at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom.  Each time they checked in at their park, via Facebook, they earned 100 extra votes.  We also asked the moms to share their efforts with they family, friends and community.  We've asked them to share their thoughts and experience here with you.

Check out what our moms are saying:

"I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in!" - MomToove

"Our favorite park is Cunningham Falls State Park. We go to this park multiple times a year and it's a huge part of our life. I have already voted for my park multiple times!" - la_bella_vita

"I AM VOTING FOR ROCHE PARK EVERYDAY!!  I feel it should be the choice for the America's Favorite Park." - lifeisajoy

Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! The secret to their success was community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.

Want to help your family's favorite park get a $100,000 grant?  Tell us which park you would vote for and why, then go vote at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemomVoting ends July 15th so hurry.

>< The CafeMom Team

votingslide

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Charizma77
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I am so excited to have been chosen to represent my favorite park. My name is Carissa and my husband Dan and our 3 kids love going to the park. I live north of Pittsburgh and am blessed to live near some really nice parks. I chose to represent North Park, a popular park north of the city. It is a gorgeous park with a little something for everyone. Numerous playgrounds, a dog park, a lake for boating and fishing, the ice skating rink, numerous trails for walking, jogging and running, tennis and volleyball courts, picnicking, etc... It really is the popular park! We love to go there as a family or with friends. My husband and I run a support group for families with autism and we are planning on having our summer picnic there. I am going to rally my friends and family to vote for our favorite park. Now that the weather is nice and the kids are out of school we will be spending more time there with our kids. Just today we drove by it to get to the mall and the kids begged to stop and play there but we didn't have time. I will post some pics of our park when I get the chance. Thanks Cafemom and CocaCola!
aidensmomma508
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM

My name is Wendy, I am married to my hubby Ricky and we have a 5 year old son Aiden. We live in Somerset, Mass.  I'm voting for Buffington Park, in Somerset, because they are raising funds to get some Adaptive equipment for kids with Special needs can play along side typical kids, fun for all kids with different abilities.  My son has Autism so that's a big issue for me and I'm really glad to be a part of this program! Buffington Park is 5 minutes from my house it would be so convenient to have a place to go like this! Buffington Park should be Coca-Cola's "America's Favorite Park" so that kids with Special needs have a place to play too with all kids! I voted on it and plan too until it's over also I shared it on my Facebook page and the parks Facebook page! So get on the site and vote for your favorite park. While your their Vote for Buffington Park too :) Thank you!

This is a plan of what they want to make there :)

Schleetle
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I voted for Perdido Park in Pensacola FL.  I love taking my family to this park, and over the past year we have enjoyed playing there together. I have twin boys that are 9 years old, and a two year old daughter. The park has two play areas right next to each other one area that is great for toddlers, and the other that is awesome for my older boys. There are also lots of swings - what kid doesn't like the swings? lol The park has a lot of bright colorful art, and the play area looks like a giant castle. I wish we could go there today, but there are really bad storms/flooding here at the moment. We plan to take our daughter over as soon as the sun is out again. Perdido park is about a ten minute drive from our home, but it's right on our way to the grocery store. Every time I tell my children we need to go grocery shopping they jump up to ask if we can stop at Perdido park on the way, and it's become a nice tradition for us. They get all their energy out playing at the park before heading to the store which makes for a more pleasant trip. :)

Jessica020410
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I was so happy to be chosen for this influencer! Our family loves to go to the park to play, have picnics, and other fun things! I live in Arkansas, I have three children: almost 10 yrs, 7 yrs, and 2 yrs. I'm voting for Crowley's Ridge State Park because it is the park that my sisters and I loved to go to when we were kids, and that my kids love now! The park is a few minutes from where we live, but worth the drive! My kids' favorite parts of the park is the trails and the wishing well. I will be sharing this on Facebook and voting as much as possible! Thank you Cafemom and Coca Cola! I will also ask others to vote. Here are a few picture from last year. I wish I had more on this computer! I will get plenty new pics soon!

othermom
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

That looks like a wonderful park

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I live in new Bedford MA and my 5 children love to go to Buttonwood park. Our children are 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8. They love the zoo that is in this park!

Buttonwood is about 12 minutes from my home. There are beautiful gardens and Japanese cherry trees at this park. These is also a pond which you can watch ducks, swans and Geese swim in. There is also a beautiful zoo in the park. It is a great place for the family to go to. Lots of things to see and lots of things to do. We like to spend time together here and visit with the ducks.

I think this place should be Americas favorite park because of how much historic things there are to see. There also are many things to do and see. I will post pics as soon as I can.

I have been twice now for my families park and we also have been telling people around here about the coke program. I am realy hoping that this park gets to make it as Americas park!

Here are some pics from teh web untill I can get up family pics up.

ZOO link

http://bpzoo.org/

Park link

http://www.buttonwoodpark.org/

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

That is amazing!

funhappymom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Love all the pictures of the parks. 

My kids have a few parks to choose from and love each of them for different reasons.

Madelaine
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Very cool!

Reina13
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I will definitely be checking this out

dusky_rose
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

How awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)