Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Want to help your family’s favorite park get a $100,000 grant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual "America Is Your Park" campaign.

We asked 50 moms to become "ambassadors" for their favorite hometown park and rally their community to vote for their favorite park to become "America's Favorite Park."  CafeMom treated the moms to a $25 American Express gift card to enjoy a fun day at the park with their family.  While they were there, we asked them to vote for their favorite park at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom.  Each time they checked in at their park, via Facebook, they earned 100 extra votes.  We also asked the moms to share their efforts with they family, friends and community.  We've asked them to share their thoughts and experience here with you.

Check out what our moms are saying:

"I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in!" - MomToove

"Our favorite park is Cunningham Falls State Park. We go to this park multiple times a year and it's a huge part of our life. I have already voted for my park multiple times!" - la_bella_vita

"I AM VOTING FOR ROCHE PARK EVERYDAY!!  I feel it should be the choice for the America's Favorite Park." - lifeisajoy

Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! The secret to their success was community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.

Want to help your family's favorite park get a $100,000 grant?  Tell us which park you would vote for and why, then go vote at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemomVoting ends July 15th so hurry.

>< The CafeMom Team

votingslide

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That is awesome!  I think having safe and fun places to play in the summer is so good for the kids.  I am excited that these mom's got a chance to do this for thier parks!

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

it is. I still need to get the fam over for pics. just been busy latly. One kid got sick and now me.

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I live in new Bedford MA and my 5 children love to go to Buttonwood park. Our children are 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8. They love the zoo that is in this park!

Buttonwood is about 12 minutes from my home. There are beautiful gardens and Japanese cherry trees at this park. These is also a pond which you can watch ducks, swans and Geese swim in. There is also a beautiful zoo in the park. It is a great place for the family to go to. Lots of things to see and lots of things to do. We like to spend time together here and visit with the ducks.

I think this place should be Americas favorite park because of how much historic things there are to see. There also are many things to do and see. I will post pics as soon as I can.

I have been twice now for my families park and we also have been telling people around here about the coke program. I am realy hoping that this park gets to make it as Americas park!

Here are some pics from teh web untill I can get up family pics up.

ZOO link

http://bpzoo.org/

Park link

http://www.buttonwoodpark.org/

This looks like a ton of fun!

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Hope I get chosen. I got a pm this morning. My kids love the park
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I live in a small town and we don't have any parks, but there are a lot in the neighboring towns. I voted for Doylestown Township Central Park. It's a really awesome park.
elasmimi
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Buttonwood looks great to me!

elasmimi
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I checked out my hometown, and most of the parks I have never heard of. The ones I love were not even listed.

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

oh thats awesome.

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I went on and actually found my park, and it actually had 3 votes LOL.

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Great pics. 

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I live in new Bedford MA and my 5 children love to go to Buttonwood park. Our children are 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8. They love the zoo that is in this park!

Buttonwood is about 12 minutes from my home. There are beautiful gardens and Japanese cherry trees at this park. These is also a pond which you can watch ducks, swans and Geese swim in. There is also a beautiful zoo in the park. It is a great place for the family to go to. Lots of things to see and lots of things to do. We like to spend time together here and visit with the ducks.

I think this place should be Americas favorite park because of how much historic things there are to see. There also are many things to do and see. I will post pics as soon as I can.

I have been twice now for my families park and we also have been telling people around here about the coke program. I am realy hoping that this park gets to make it as Americas park!

Here are some pics from teh web untill I can get up family pics up.

ZOO link

http://bpzoo.org/

Park link

http://www.buttonwoodpark.org/

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

that is ashame. Maybe that is something you could rally for. I am sure there are other people in your area who feel the same way. :)

Quoting lifeisajoy:

the playground but not accessible for children in wheelchairs-but it is a nice playground and no accessible swings for children/adults that need them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)