Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Want to help your family’s favorite park get a $100,000 grant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual "America Is Your Park" campaign.

We asked 50 moms to become "ambassadors" for their favorite hometown park and rally their community to vote for their favorite park to become "America's Favorite Park."  CafeMom treated the moms to a $25 American Express gift card to enjoy a fun day at the park with their family.  While they were there, we asked them to vote for their favorite park at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom.  Each time they checked in at their park, via Facebook, they earned 100 extra votes.  We also asked the moms to share their efforts with they family, friends and community.  We've asked them to share their thoughts and experience here with you.

Check out what our moms are saying:

"I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in!" - MomToove

"Our favorite park is Cunningham Falls State Park. We go to this park multiple times a year and it's a huge part of our life. I have already voted for my park multiple times!" - la_bella_vita

"I AM VOTING FOR ROCHE PARK EVERYDAY!!  I feel it should be the choice for the America's Favorite Park." - lifeisajoy

Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! The secret to their success was community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.

Want to help your family's favorite park get a $100,000 grant?  Tell us which park you would vote for and why, then go vote at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemomVoting ends July 15th so hurry.

>< The CafeMom Team

votingslide

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (71-80):
KristinRox
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Wow this is so awesome. There are some very awesome parks out there that could use this money. 

mommythree0508
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM

How cool:)

gacgbaker
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:04 PM

This looks really nice!

Quoting gmadiane:

I was very pleased to be chosen for this program. My name is Diane, I live in Orlando, Florida, my kids are all grown now but I have 5 beautiful little grand children. I think when most travelers come to visit Orlando they think Disney, Universal and Sea World but let me tell you about a very nice park, it is called Lake Eola, it is located very close to downtown, this is a beautiful little walking lake, but a very cool park, you can rent swan shaped paddle boats to go out on the lake, they have a farmers market every Saturday, this is a popular area for weddings, they have Disney Ampatheater for concerts and plays, many events take place here including fireworks and arts and crafts show, a little something for everyone, I dont have any personal pics from the lake although my husband and I enjoy it so much but I am going to share a few that I have found because it is a beautiful place. 

gacgbaker
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I had no idea there were so many unique parks!  :)

LOswald0314
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
What a great idea.
kgmmw
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Very cool 

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM

That has got to be hard to have tourists there so often and not feel like you can just get away.  That is wonderful that you have a park that provides that opportunity for you!

Quoting MomToovey:

I'm SO sorry this is late! For some reason, I had the date June 14th stuck in my head, so I didn't realize until today that I was supposed to post on the 11th. So again, I'm sorry this is late:

Hi everyone! My name is Marianne. I am a 28 year old SAHM to my 3 year old daughter, April. My husband of 5 years is a custodial manager at Epcot, and we live in central Florida. The demands of my husband's job makes any time that the 3 of us are together extra special. We do get the special perk of visiting Disney parks whenever we want, but sometimes, a nice quiet place to hang out without all the tourists is exactly what the doctor ordered. :)

Our family park is Lake Eola park in Downtown Orlando. We usually visit every Sunday for a family picnic. It's only a 10 minute drive from our church, and offers a nice relaxing way for our family to unwind and enjoy quality time together. It does surround a lake, which makes it absolutely beautiful, but it also has plenty of things to do like a big playground, concession stand, bike rentals, etc. We can easily spend 2 hours there without realizing it!

We did go on our family picnic this past Sunday. A special thank you to Cafemom for footing the bill for our picnic! We went to Walmart and picked up some pink lemonade and eggs (which were later deviled). We visited the deli for some fresh turkey sandwiches on whole wheat with cheddar slices, tomato & lettuce :) and hit up the produce section for some fruit and veggies to snack on as well. We also decided to get ourselves a frisbee, bubbles, and a picnic blanket. And when we went to the park after church, we found a nice grassy spot for our picnic and set up camp! First we ate, then we took DD to the playground and spent a good half hour before moving on. We walked a loop around the lake, and played with our brand new frisbee & bubbles! It was a great day out! Thank you again Cafemom, for the great opportunity!

The reason this park means so much to us, as I've mentioned, tourist-free areas are always so refreshing. This is a great way to get outdoors, enjoy some good quality fun, and not feel crowded by hundreds/thousands of out-of-towners. Sure, Lake Eola isn't the only park in the Orlando Metropolitan area, but it's in a great neighborhood, is always clean, and something just for the "local yocals" We have no plans to stop visiting this park anytime soon and would love for future generations to come to be able to enjoy the wonder of Lake Eola park!

I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I plan to continue voting every day until July 15th! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in and make this park last forever!

fingers crossed

MomToovey
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

That's the park I chose as well!

Quoting gmadiane:

I was very pleased to be chosen for this program. My name is Diane, I live in Orlando, Florida, my kids are all grown now but I have 5 beautiful little grand children. I think when most travelers come to visit Orlando they think Disney, Universal and Sea World but let me tell you about a very nice park, it is called Lake Eola, it is located very close to downtown, this is a beautiful little walking lake, but a very cool park, you can rent swan shaped paddle boats to go out on the lake, they have a farmers market every Saturday, this is a popular area for weddings, they have Disney Ampatheater for concerts and plays, many events take place here including fireworks and arts and crafts show, a little something for everyone, I dont have any personal pics from the lake although my husband and I enjoy it so much but I am going to share a few that I have found because it is a beautiful place. 

dusky_rose
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

This park looks so neat! Thanks for sharing pics. :-)

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I live in new Bedford MA and my 5 children love to go to Buttonwood park. Our children are 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8. They love the zoo that is in this park!

Buttonwood is about 12 minutes from my home. There are beautiful gardens and Japanese cherry trees at this park. These is also a pond which you can watch ducks, swans and Geese swim in. There is also a beautiful zoo in the park. It is a great place for the family to go to. Lots of things to see and lots of things to do. We like to spend time together here and visit with the ducks.

I think this place should be Americas favorite park because of how much historic things there are to see. There also are many things to do and see. I will post pics as soon as I can.

I have been twice now for my families park and we also have been telling people around here about the coke program. I am realy hoping that this park gets to make it as Americas park!

Here are some pics from teh web untill I can get up family pics up.

ZOO link

http://bpzoo.org/

Park link

http://www.buttonwoodpark.org/

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I got chosen. I can't wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)