Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to help your family’s favorite park get a $100,000 grant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual "America Is Your Park" campaign.

We asked 50 moms to become "ambassadors" for their favorite hometown park and rally their community to vote for their favorite park to become "America's Favorite Park."  CafeMom treated the moms to a $25 American Express gift card to enjoy a fun day at the park with their family.  While they were there, we asked them to vote for their favorite park at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemom.  Each time they checked in at their park, via Facebook, they earned 100 extra votes.  We also asked the moms to share their efforts with they family, friends and community.  We've asked them to share their thoughts and experience here with you.

Check out what our moms are saying:

"I have been voting for Lake Eola every day, it would be amazing if they could win this grant! I have shared on Facebook the joys of Lake Eola and urged my friends to join in!" - MomToove

"Our favorite park is Cunningham Falls State Park. We go to this park multiple times a year and it's a huge part of our life. I have already voted for my park multiple times!" - la_bella_vita

"I AM VOTING FOR ROCHE PARK EVERYDAY!!  I feel it should be the choice for the America's Favorite Park." - lifeisajoy

Last year, park supporters cast more than 13 million votes for their favorite parks. The winner? Oak Park in the small town of Minot, ND! The secret to their success was community action! Everyone in Minot got involved and campaigned for Oak Park. They held events in the park, mobilized through online communities, got hometown celebrities involved and voted non-stop.

Want to help your family's favorite park get a $100,000 grant?  Tell us which park you would vote for and why, then go vote at http://cokeurl.com/parkscafemomVoting ends July 15th so hurry.

>< The CafeMom Team

votingslide

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (81-90):
tamidawn
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Saving a spot for my experience to share with you all!  :-)

tamidawn
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I've already started voting for my favorite local park, Spring Canyon Community Park in Fort Collins, CO.  :-) 

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

how cool!!!!

Quoting Jessica020410:

I was so happy to be chosen for this influencer! Our family loves to go to the park to play, have picnics, and other fun things! I live in Arkansas, I have three children: almost 10 yrs, 7 yrs, and 2 yrs. I'm voting for Crowley's Ridge State Park because it is the park that my sisters and I loved to go to when we were kids, and that my kids love now! The park is a few minutes from where we live, but worth the drive! My kids' favorite parts of the park is the trails and the wishing well. I will be sharing this on Facebook and voting as much as possible! Thank you Cafemom and Coca Cola! I will also ask others to vote. Here are a few picture from last year. I wish I had more on this computer! I will get plenty new pics soon!

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

how neat!!

LancesMom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

how cool..cant wait to read the reviews

Me too! How awesome!

LancesMom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I voted!

LancesMom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Great photos! What fun!

Quoting Jessica020410:

I was so happy to be chosen for this influencer! Our family loves to go to the park to play, have picnics, and other fun things! I live in Arkansas, I have three children: almost 10 yrs, 7 yrs, and 2 yrs. I'm voting for Crowley's Ridge State Park because it is the park that my sisters and I loved to go to when we were kids, and that my kids love now! The park is a few minutes from where we live, but worth the drive! My kids' favorite parts of the park is the trails and the wishing well. I will be sharing this on Facebook and voting as much as possible! Thank you Cafemom and Coca Cola! I will also ask others to vote. Here are a few picture from last year. I wish I had more on this computer! I will get plenty new pics soon!

Charizma77
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I'm voting for my favorite park and trying to get my friends to vote as well.

I still need to add pics to my previous post!
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I just got my gift card yesterday! We'll be going to the park tomorrow :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixiegurl223626
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM

awesome! I voted for my local park

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)