Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Do you suffer from headaches at all? What do you do for treatment?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM
  • 12 Replies

National Headache Awareness Week

National Headache Awareness WeekNational Headache Awareness Week The National Headache Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating headache sufferers and healthcare professionals about headache causes and treatments.

Read more about the... National Headache Foundation

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I have such a bad headache right now and tylenol is not helping

gambilldl
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I have migraine disease... have tried NUMEROUS medications.  The best was Tompamax - it worked for three years.  Now, I just have to deal with it the best I can or go to the ER for a shot.

LindaClement
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I almost never get headaches. They're so rare that once, I was complaining to a friend that my head had hurt for a couple of hours and she said, very quietly, 'tylenol?'

I never even thought of it.

acrogodess
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I get frequent headaches and have since I was a teen. I sometimes suffer from migraines too.

justme91755
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I take Ibuprofen, some times up to 800 mg.  I was injured by a client a few years ago, thrown into a wall and hurt my head, neck and shoulder and I am allergic to pain medications. If the head gets really bad, like nauseating, I get to a dark quiet room and put ice packs on my neck and a cold cloth over my eyes and try to lay quietly for a few hours. Sometimes sleep helps

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

a lot...lot lot of headaches are caused at least partially by dehydration. The first thing to do is drink a couple of glasses of fluid. Also, if it's not a migraine, a cup of coffee might just do the trick.  Lastly, I may take a tylenol. Usually the first two do it though.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

My dd Hannah gets migraines.We took her to a neurologist.They did a ct scan and showed us the spot in her brain that causes them.She hasnt had a bad one in awhile but she she gets them bad she cries.No meds seem to help her

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM

You may find that she has triggers that makes the spot flare. There are a lot of diet related things that cause migraines, especially things with a lot of salt, or even certain nutrients. You should try and keep a diary of what she eats, then mark when she gets a migraine.  She may be able to avoid them.

Quoting momofsixangels:

My dd Hannah gets migraines.We took her to a neurologist.They did a ct scan and showed us the spot in her brain that causes them.She hasnt had a bad one in awhile but she she gets them bad she cries.No meds seem to help her

mommythree0508
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I take lots of excedrin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Me too!  It's awful. :/

Quoting gambilldl:

I have migraine disease... have tried NUMEROUS medications.  The best was Tompamax - it worked for three years.  Now, I just have to deal with it the best I can or go to the ER for a shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)