Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

How is the job situation where you are?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 28 Replies

Everyone knows by now that we moved cross-country to keep dh's job. I find my self giving myself a pat on the back as ANOTHER call center closes in our home town- meaning that 600 people vying for jobs in dh's field just turned into a 1,000. The call centers that are still hiring in the area have dropped their starting wages accordingly- some went from offering fifteen dollars an hour to ten.

Ten dollars an hour. I made more than that out of high school at wendy's.

Then I read this article and I think about the new neighbors I have- unable to find work and leaving the state for a promise of work else where.

How is it where you live? 

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anastazia975
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I live in Wisconsin. We are dead last for jobs. There is really nothing here. And the This state is now run by uber conservative republicans. And this is what we get. A big fat nothing. We are going to have to move away from family and friends because of the job market, and cuts to education.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Its bad here.And b/c of that we have a lot more crime

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

its not good....but luckily i was just hired and waiting for a call back from starbucks inside a farmfresh  for a part time job...its better then nothing

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Good luck!

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

its not good....but luckily i was just hired and waiting for a call back from starbucks inside a farmfresh  for a part time job...its better then nothing

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I had a bad night at my new restaurant. I'm going to try and make the best of it, but I'm looking for a new job right now.

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:16 AM

im sorry to hear this...

Quoting SisterPeach:

I had a bad night at my new restaurant. I'm going to try and make the best of it, but I'm looking for a new job right now.

janessa27
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM

It is up/down here. I know of a lot of factories that have laid people off only to hire them back a few months later. I work in the office of a manufacturing plant and we are VERY busy and just did a huge expansion. I have been here for almost 8 years and we only had one rough year where everyone would be laid off one week out of every month. I sort of liked that though- it was a vacation every month just with a smaller pay.

othermom
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I live in a smaller town in a less populated county. There are some jobs avaliable. Not a whole lot. My husband works half an hour away

KenzieQsMommy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Its about to get a whole lot worse cause my df wants to move to CT :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SisterPeach
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Why CT?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Its about to get a whole lot worse cause my df wants to move to CT :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)