Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you think forest boy was a hoax back in September? What do you think now? Will you share his photo?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mystery Boy Found in Woods Is Looking for His Family & You Can Help

Posted by Jeanne Sager on June 13, 2012 

RayRemember the bizarre case of the German "forest boy," the English-speaking teenager who walked out of the woods with no knowledge of his origins last fall? It just got weirder. Berlin Police have just released brand new photos of Ray that they're asking international media to spread far and wide.

It seems that nine months on, they still have no clue who this kid is. That's not just bizarre. It's heartwrenching.

Even if this were a hoax, can you imagine a family who has no clue where their kid is for nine months? I can't.

But in an odd way, this might be good news for Ray. If people can look at the emotional side of this and be moved by the time he's spent aimlessly wondering who he is in Berlin (albeit under good care for once), perhaps they'll be energized and make the push necessary to find this forest boy's real family. Hey, it's better than thinking he'll never get home, right?

So here's what we can do: spread the word. Spread his photos. Get him home.

The new police photos are accompanied by the random bits of information that Ray has been able to remember. His mom was named Doreen, and she died in a car accident. He lived in the woods for five years after that with his dad, Ryan. And he was born on June 20, 1994, which means he will turn 18 in a week.

Did you think forest boy was a hoax back in September? What do you think now? Will you share his photo?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-24):
Kainalu55
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

i read somewhere that his story is exactly the same as a movie...so i'm thinking he may have mad it up!  but WHY?

LindaClement
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I know a man who, when he was 14, went 'hitchhiking' --for three months.

When he got home, his dad looked at him and said 'oh, there you are.'

He thought it was so cool. Until someone pointed out to him that as a 14yo, he went missing for MONTHS and no one even raised an eyebrow, they cared so much.

That attitude isn't gone, it's just not 'normal' in the media anymore, so most people have no idea how prevalent it remains. 'He's probably fine' is one very likely response his parents have about where he might be... if they remember to think about him at all.

Jerichos_Mommy
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I agree

Quoting mallowcup17:

i honestly dont know. anything is possible i guess. i dont know enough about it to make any conclusions about him. i just hope if there is a family looking for him that this will help them find him and someday we will know the true story...

slw123
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I didn't hear about it before now.  I hope he is ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)